Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Good question my dd asked that too. I feel like she’s not ready for them. I’m nervous about her getting injured if the spikes dig in at the wrong time. Don’t know though

My dd opted for metal. However, kept her non metal for middle school. Metal not allowed. It’s preference. Ringor has both and turf pitching shoes as well. All held up great. Her non metal has 2 years on them. Other than cleat where they are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 17, 2019
Ringor cleats hands down, I order a size big, then request the inserts they send for free that take up a half size so she doesn't out grow them so fast. She outgrows them before they wear out still.

I have a pair on ebay right now, she wore these since August and if she didn't out grow them she could probably wear them a few years they are built that well.

Jan 28, 2017
My dd opted for metal. However, kept her non metal for middle school. Metal not allowed. It’s preference. Ringor has both and turf pitching shoes as well. All held up great. Her non metal has 2 years on them. Other than cleat where they are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use metal at the MS level in Florida or at least our MS conference.

Jun 12, 2015
My DD is not big on change and has already said she thinks she wants to stick to molded cleats next year (going into 14U). I'm about 99% sure she'll change her mine when the whole team orders spikes. I'm a little nervous too, not just about her wearing them. She's a SS, lots of slides into 2B she has to cover.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
DD runs through about 4 pair a year. If you don't mind I would like to add on to your ?. My DD is also 13 and will start 14U next year and can use metal for the first time but a lot of girls in our area don't like pitching in metal cleats, Do you buy metal for pitchers?

Yes our DD wore metal Ringors this year. no issue. she' prefers them better.

I'm a fan of New Balance shoes in general, have turf shoes for my coaches shoes...love them. They don't have NB with pitching toe that I've found.

The ringor metal spike shoes are actually lighter than the ringor plastic molded shoes (there's two options in the molded)...both with pitching toes. It was noticeable to DD she said she felt lighter on her feet with the ringor metal spikes. Ringor is HQ'd where we are so we have the ease of running down there and grabbing a pair if needed asap.

She out grows them before she wears them out. We get at least a season out of them. That's about all I can ask for.

Sep 3, 2015
Another vote for New Balance, they seem to last longer for whatever reason. We're down to one pair per season

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2015
DD loves her Ringors but says she feels like they take a long time to break in well. Previously wore Nikes that we put Tuff Toe on and she liked them but buying and putting it on the shoes really became a pain for me.

Nov 29, 2009
DD had to wear Ringor's when she was younger. They were the only shoe that lasted with the built in pitching toe. As for making the switch to metal cleats my DD never had an issue. She liked pitching with the metal spikes and never went back. She said is made her feel more connected to the ground.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse