Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Mine's not pitching anymore but we found the Boombah cleats held up really well, and she thought they were a lot more comfortable than the Ringors. We just bought her 2 back up pairs on clearance for $15 each since she goes through them so fast. Normally they're in the 40-60 range I think. But they don't fall apart like the Mizunos do.

Jan 28, 2017
She wore the toe out. Need cleats ASAP. Any recommendations for a 13 year old pitcher?

DD runs through about 4 pair a year. If you don't mind I would like to add on to your ?. My DD is also 13 and will start 14U next year and can use metal for the first time but a lot of girls in our area don't like pitching in metal cleats, Do you buy metal for pitchers?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
She wore the toe out. Need cleats ASAP. Any recommendations for a 13 year old pitcher?
New Balance & UA Deception. We always buy men’s cleats because they seem to hold up better & come wider. The UA deception retail for $99-120. We got ours on clearance for $15-20 from Baseball/Softball Savings. Other sites still have them for $45-99. Baseball Savings is the best price for cleats & apparel I have found. You just have to stay on them and call and confirm order & shipping because they ship slow.

May 25, 2018
DD runs through about 4 pair a year. If you don't mine I would like to add on to your ?. My DD is also 13 and will start 14U next year and can use metal for the first time but a lot of girls in our area don't like pitching in metal cleats, Do you buy metal for pitchers?

Good question my dd asked that too. I feel like she’s not ready for them. I’m nervous about her getting injured if the spikes dig in at the wrong time. Don’t know though

Apr 28, 2019
Good question my dd asked that too. I feel like she’s not ready for them. I’m nervous about her getting injured if the spikes dig in at the wrong time. Don’t know though
Go with metal. My daughters made the transition this year with no issues. I put double pillow insoles on top of factory insoles. Nice & comfy. Also yes pitcher should be wearing metal spikes.

Nov 4, 2015
Ringors are what my DD has and she loves them. She destroyed any shoe without a pitching toe and now has the spikes and turfs in the Ringors. Boombahs with the pitching toe held up better than nikes, but still came apart fairly quick. Just hope she doesn't outgrow them any time soon.

Oct 4, 2018
My daughter loves her Ringors. And after pitching about 1,000 pitches in them in tournaments (and whatever else in practice and lessons) they look practically brand new after wiping them down.

I'm very impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802