Cleats Shortage

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Anyone else having a hard time finding softball metal cleats for their DD? New Balance has been sold out of her size (11) for the past 6 months. There’s very little inventory out there on the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 24, 2016
Anyone else having a hard time finding softball metal cleats for their DD? New Balance has been sold out of her size (11) for the past 6 months. There’s very little inventory out there on the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
Possibly off season and stores are depleting their supplies before restocking next year (spring tends to be when softball and baseball stuff hits the market)?

Possible COVID impacts on production? Many supply chain issues, particularly in seasonal industries, either have not fully recovered or are just now starting to realize problems.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I had a hard time finding cleats for my DD ealier in the year, but she found the New Balance cleats she wanted, the latest version, I believe, online at Dicks in early July.

We visited a sporting goods store looking for a new glove yesterday and the stock was very spotty. It was the same for bats. Looking at custom gloves at the Wilson and Rawlings sites they say they can't tell you when a glove will be completed if you order one due to the impact of Covid.

Aug 23, 2016
The local Dick's didn't have much variety for softball cleats, but DD found baseball cleats that she loved. The sales people were really helpful about figuring out the sizing.

May 6, 2015
tough time of year for softball cleats, DSG and other big box stores generally only stock up in early spring on baseball and softball, late summer for soccer and football, and many manufacturers schedule production to suit.

we had similar issues, getting DD new cleats about 6 weeks ago, she finally agreed to a non all white shoe. looked for cleats for her to wear for FH (no metal allowed) recently for HS season approaching, very little there, even soccer wise.

ps, did anyone realize when DSG stopped carrying separate mens and womens soccer cleats, store associated claimed they were now all unisex.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2