Clearwater Invitational

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
Just bought tickets to attend the Clearwater Invitational in Feb. We had friends attend last year and they had a great time. Any tips or advice on what to do/see or what to avoid? Thanks!

Feb 15, 2017
If there is one of the popular teams you want to see you need to be in the stands two or three games ahead. If you have a group of folks always leave someone behind or someone will try and grab some of your seats. Bring seats cushions, you'll need them.

Don't buy the food packages as they always run out if food and drink so not worth it.

You have to take a trolley to the fields from the parking area. Allow 35-45 minutes for that. Trolley goes to fields 1-4 first and then fields 8-9.

Bring multiple layers of clothing as it can go from cold and rain to hot in a few hours.

No umbrellas allowed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022
Northeast
We found the food/drink package to be worth it for the drinks alone - we were able to get drinks on demand at both fields and the cost of the wrist band more than paid for itself in drinks, especially for the kids. There's not a lot of shade, I would recommend bringing sunscreen. The shuttles were great, we only had to wait once. We went on Friday last year, planning the same this year.

Feb 24, 2022
Thanks, we're going Friday as well! We're going with friends that went last year so we won't be going in totally blind, but appreciate the feedback and tips.

Feb 24, 2022
Had a great time on Friday at the Clearwater Invitational. We got there bright and early and parked ourselves in the syands for OKS/VT, FSU/ARK, and BAMA/UCLA. Amazingly, we were in the shade for about 90% of the day - that was clutch. You have to be committed, with all of those top games on the same field, only about 5%-10% of the crowd left after each game, so it was standing room only.

It was amazing to see such high level action that close up. Thank you for all of the tips!

Sep 21, 2017
PA
Had a great time on Friday at the Clearwater Invitational. We got there bright and early and parked ourselves in the syands for OKS/VT, FSU/ARK, and BAMA/UCLA. Amazingly, we were in the shade for about 90% of the day - that was clutch. You have to be committed, with all of those top games on the same field, only about 5%-10% of the crowd left after each game, so it was standing room only.

It was amazing to see such high level action that close up. Thank you for all of the tips!

We were sitting very close to each other. I was on field 8, directly under the tree on the RF side, the 2nd to last set of bleachers. Very good place to watch the games.

Talking to fans sitting around me who have been multiple years in a row, they all had the same thoughts. The tournament has outgrown the current facilities. Like NJZoo mentioned, if you didn't get a seat where we were by 10:00am, you probably didn't get one for the remainder of the day. Very few left my section the entire day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802