Clearing of "New Posts" Board

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I realize the "New Posts" board has to be cleared periodically. However, I'm curious who it is that has the finger on that trigger, so to speak. Sluggers, Is it only you, or do others have that power.

Also, what are the specific things that motivate this clearing. I know one of the reasons is to simply clear things once you have more than one page of threads going. But it seems that there are other strange times this "New Posts" board gets cleared that makes me wonder.

Just wondering, as I have noticed a few patterns that have nothing to do with the main reason for clearing the board (clutter).

Sep 17, 2009
I usually start my visits with the New Posts section. I would imagine that it drops a time-based cookie on your machine, and then shows you posts since that visit. I was just away for three days and came back with three pages worth of New Posts. After I perused the first page, left, and then came back there was no longer three pages. Sometimes when you come back pages you've visited show the links as visited (ie, clicked on/no longer bold) rather than disappearing. Again, there must be some time duration that determines that....

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
When you click on the "new posts" board there is a command on the menu to "mark posts read". That clears the board for me. I have never seen it done another way.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Doug, if you're talking about them being cleared out without you doing it I think it's something that happens automatically. None of the Mods do anything with it. I believe what happens is the software recognizes when you're on DFP, and when you leave, and only shows new posts since the last time you left. So if you're a frequent flyer they will clear pretty regularly. Otherwise you'd never find anything!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812