Clarity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I only watched 3 minutes, but it was a lot of talking about nothing. Just selling stuff.

If you go a bit deeper.. He talks about lead leg blocking which is where the energy is filtered towards(which is huge). Shows that the body(hands)is creating things; it’s not from the ground up. Puts a BIG hole in the scissor stuff. Also mentions that weight distribution plays a big role w what the lower half does. IOW it’s a reactionary/timing piece. Also slightly(😆) mentions that the upper half decels the lower half. Basically all the stuff the pros have been telling us for 70+ years.

But the kicker to me was that he stated he can get a kid to improve their overall swing and kinetics/kinematics within a short period. 15 min or so. A FAR cry from ‘everyone is different and it takes specialized training and tech to help a kid/adult learn how to swing a bat efficiently. Maybe months etc.. lol.

Reactions: TDS
Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
If you go a bit deeper.. He talks about lead leg blocking which is where the energy is filtered towards(which is huge). Shows that the body(hands)is creating things; it’s not from the ground up. Puts a BIG hole in the scissor stuff. Also mentions that weight distribution plays a big role w what the lower half does. IOW it’s a reactionary/timing piece. Also slightly(😆) mentions that the upper half decels the lower half. Basically all the stuff the pros have been telling us for 70+ years.

But the kicker to me was that he stated he can get a kid to improve their overall swing and kinetics/kinematics within a short period. 15 min or so. A FAR cry from ‘everyone is different and it takes specialized training and tech to help a kid/adult learn how to swing a bat efficiently. Maybe months etc.. lol.
Kickstand???? My point being , we are saying the same things with different words, inflections , and focus. My goal has always been to share my struggles with teaching hitting with the HLP method to my students. If Richard has moved closer to the center of traditional teaching, so be it. Is that a bad thing?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
A traditional ‘kick stand’ has no weight transfer. Just set it all down together. There is a shift before to get back to middle or away from just the back leg prior to foot down. The definition of ‘one legged’ sounds much the same as ‘kick stand’. The demos that have been ridiculed show much of the same.

It’s definitely not all together. It could be left to interpretation I guess. But when I use a kick stand it’s altogether.. not what i want when moving out to hit. The sequence if done correctly should shift you aka torque.

1677250790530.gif

Personally I think it’s tough to teach his stuff bc a lot of the demos are for marketing imo. Which leaves his disciples left to answer these type of situational mechanics while staying true to the brand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee