Chronological order of my DD's progression.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
As Ive stated many times, my DD & I have been and continue the journey to developing an "Elite" swing. I've finally uploaded some of her older videos to go with her most recent swings so maybe it could help other dads & their DD on their journey. I've lost some along the way but I've posted what I have. The earliest video is from 10-2010. This video is already light years ahead of her very first video that I posted here, IMO she had the worst swing I've seen posted on here, so there is hope for anyone willing to put the time in. Even since her last video her swing has gotten that much better.

Here is the link to my youtube channel, just click on the videos as they are dated from the earliest to the newest.

crankermo's channel - YouTube

May 16, 2010
As Ive stated many times, my DD & I have been and continue the journey to developing an "Elite" swing. I've finally uploaded some of her older videos to go with her most recent swings so maybe it could help other dads & their DD on their journey. I've lost some along the way but I've posted what I have. The earliest video is from 10-2010. This video is already light years ahead of her very first video that I posted here, IMO she had the worst swing I've seen posted on here, so there is hope for anyone willing to put the time in. Even since her last video her swing has gotten that much better.

Here is the link to my youtube channel, just click on the videos as they are dated from the earliest to the newest.

crankermo's channel - YouTube

Definitely improvement. Lower half and back leg look good, and she has more separation of lower and upper now.

I don't like the shaft of the bat set at her neck though, and the over cocked wrists. "Bat wrap" as many call it. You can get good whip that way, but it takes longer to get the barrel to the ball, and the top hand through.

Note how Albert does it, which is the way almost all good hitters do it. The bottom forearm and the bat are at a 90 degree angle, and the tip of the bat never goes to the pitcher's side of his head, as your DD's does.

pujolshandbat.gif

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2010
Jbooth,

The bat getting behind her head is actually one of the things we've worked on since that last video in March. I agree that it causes a long swing and that's why we fixed it. Another thing we've focused on is keeping a little more angle on her bat so she can use her hands more effectively. Like I said her swing now is better than the last video. The day we aren't working on her swing is the day she's done playing, lol

Feb 14, 2010
FFS,

Honestly the only thing we've ever focused on was the dynamic balancing that Howard teaches and making sure her knees were under her and the weight stays on the inside of the big toe on the back foot and make sure she coils the hips correctly. I know the coil aspect is under scrutiny here but from our personal experience it has made my DD's Swing tremendously better. IMO it cleaned up her sequence. One thing about Brooke is that she isn't satisfied with her swing even now and she wants to better it every chance. I will give her every opportunity to do just that. You yourself have played the biggest role in Brookes progression with the numerous PM's & emails that we've exchanged and for that we can never repay you.

Feb 14, 2010
One more thing. As Brooke has gotten older she's really gained a feel for what her body is trying to tell her and why it feels out of whack. She has become a student of hitting and she watches video with me. IMO that is the single best attribute an athlete can have.

Feb 14, 2010
Tim,

Thank you for the kind words on Brooke. If she can have half the success Britt has we will consider ourselves fortunate. I love reading about Britt and she has a couple big fans in MO.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Crankermo,
I would hope someone could post the gif that I've been watching (on a blog at HI) It's a side by side.I would like to just post your DD.I don't want to post the other girl without permission(she has a good swing also).Your DD is wearing all black and hitting off a tee.The swing looks great.I like how she coils and explodes into the ball.She reminds me of Caitlin Benyi the way she holds the bat.Like I said before this is the swing I am looking for my DD to copy.My DD also wraps the bat(no knock on your DD)which at times makes my DD's swing longer.We will be working,now that her season has ended,on getting less weight on back leg and getting the bat more vertical.The bat wrap for my DD came from tee swings and trying to kill the ball.Keep up the good work and keep on posting Brooke's progress.

Feb 14, 2010
Rd,

I don't have any equipment or know how for that matter to create the gif of Brooke on that video. But anyone that does please do. Whatever helps another dad/DD is fine by me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28