Choose based on organization or team?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2016
I don't think this decision will make or break your recruiting since this is 14U. I wouldn't go with Org 1 because of the scare tactics they are using to manipulate your decision. That's an immediate turn off for me and a sign of things to come.

Mar 20, 2017
Madison, WI
Thanks all for the thoughts and great feedback. We were able to arrange a face-to-face with the org 1 director next week at PGF. We will most definitely meet with him with tons of questions, but I expect to hear more of the same as last time. I am cutting a fine line with org 2 already; they are holding the remaining spot on the team for DD currently.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
The team or organization won't matter as much as the coaches. Which ones recruit to your schools? If org1 is for real, go with them. You are only playing to showcase/recruit.

Don't worry about their tactics or any of that. You are using them to get results for you as well. Don't kid yourself. It's a dog eat dog world out there folks. :)

Sep 17, 2009
Feels like org 1 is worth the shot at 14U, especially if your daughter is up for competing against the best (both her teammates and the competition) and wants to target highest D1 level schools. If that program doesn't deliver you can easily rebound at second year 14U/16U. If you shoot me a private message with the teams I can give you some feedback... I'm from the area. But I imagine you already know the 'rankings' of Chicago-area programs. (I'd be interested to know who they are though lol) :)

May 3, 2018
I'm not in your shoes so can't relate, but I couldn't consider Org 1. If you aren't organized enough to answer basic questions and therefore have to resort to bashing other organizations, I'll go with the other organization. Oh yeah, and the most important person in this matter, your DD, wants to play for Org 2.

Sep 23, 2018
We were at a camp last week, and the question came up to the 12 College coaches that were in attendance......."Does org matter for recruiting (big vs. small)", and EVERY coach there said it did not matter to their programs, and is typically not an advantage in getting recruited if schedule/events are similar. In fact, several coaches also made comments regarding "watered down" large orgs.

Apr 26, 2015
We were at a camp last week, and the question came up to the 12 College coaches that were in attendance......."Does org matter for recruiting (big vs. small)", and EVERY coach there said it did not matter to their programs, and is typically not an advantage in getting recruited if schedule/events are similar. In fact, several coaches also made comments regarding "watered down" large orgs.

The "watered down" part is SO true. It used to be that if you saw certain organizations you knew you were playing good competition. Before DD switched to her current team her other team switched to a big name org. It was ridiculous. The team was still a mess and the coach still didn't know what he was doing - they just looked better doing it and it cost more to wear the jersey.

Nov 18, 2013
Feels like org 1 is worth the shot at 14U, especially if your daughter is up for competing against the best (both her teammates and the competition) and wants to target highest D1 level schools. If that program doesn't deliver you can easily rebound at second year 14U/16U. If you shoot me a private message with the teams I can give you some feedback... I'm from the area. But I imagine you already know the 'rankings' of Chicago-area programs. (I'd be interested to know who they are though lol) :)

Meeting the org head in Huntington Beach next week narrows it down quite a bit! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad