Cheering???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I know our team is off when they are NOT making any noise, from the field or while in the dugout. We have a lot of younger players who need the focus - if they are chanting something about who is on 2nd and who is batting, it forces them to pay attention! At the beginning of the season, I don't think our coach was too keen on the girls getting loud and rowdy. However, after a few games of them NOT doing that and playing very poorly, he jumped right on the bandwagon! He even did that little "turn around like..." cheer when they won the post-season tournament! It was great!

Jul 14, 2008
Great video Marc!

I agree, it is a good thing. It keeps their spirit up and adds to the excitement of the game.
I found as they get older the amount of cheering decreases as they get more serious and competitive - but it still is part of the game.

Sad to think of a coach that will not let his team cheer.

No Cheering, wouldn't think of it. Matter of fact, I encourage it. Yes, it can be a little crazy at times, but I see a difference in focus and performance when they don't.

Has anyone seen that email that's been floating around that depicts the female brain in comparison to the male brain? Basically, the female brain's illustration looks like a map of a very big theme park and the male's an illustration of just ONE of the rides. It was funny but it's the truth !!! Cheering gets all the rides (of 12 different them parks) synchonized, running and stopping at the same time.:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478