Charting Batters- Who esle is Charting Batters?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
EVERY Team I've coached with and all the girls tell me they've never had a coach chart the opposing batters At-Bats. I chart each At-Bat, stance, pitch-by-Pitch and location, results and notes for each at-bat. I use this for later in the game for tendancies (Who NEVER swings at 1st pitch, who almsot ALWAYS swings at 1st pitch, who gets beat w/ Change-ups, Pitches per that At-Bat, their stance, and result of course etc.) * I actually ask a player not in the game to do this and prefer a catcher/pitcher, though the girls don't stay focused.

I assume MOST coaches wold prefer to have notes for batters they will face again during this season and next season.

?? I KNOW coaches are charting batters, or preferably your catcher/pitchers are, but I haven't found any players myself that have coaches that do.

Every once in a while we run into another team we face where they have a coach charting same as I do, but I'm amazed its so infrequent.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
Absolutely...... send me an e-mail at jimginas@aol.com so I can send it to you.... I actually maintain 2 types, one as described, and one that summarizes for batter/pitches that at-bat and resukt. This one helps me talley quickly the pitch count by inning for my pitchers and I can quickly reference to see results and transfer to edge for next game agaisnt that team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802