Changing pitching styles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Sweet, you are on the right path. She’s gonna get it. It’s gonna frustrate both of y’all. Looking at her video, she has the ball facing catcher at 12:00 which is good. After 12:00 she begins to go palm down. Stick with the IR drills and she’ll get it. I would probably not do any full speed pitching for a week or more until this is engrained. She’s not gonna like that if she’s anything like my DD. Get her to speed up doing the IR drills focusing on leading down the backside of the circle with the elbow, loose and whippy

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the other videos of the young ladies in the thread and this one of Ueno the head is over or in front of the lead foot before the back swing begins. This may affect everything. What do you think all?

- Yukiko Ueno

Aug 20, 2017
In the other videos of the young ladies in the thread and this one of Ueno the head is over or in front of the lead foot before the back swing begins. This may affect everything. What do you think all?

- Yukiko Ueno

Establishing forward lean early. Helps with timing and aggressive drive. Ideally you want the upper body moving forward as the backswing takes the ball rearward.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
For teaching and reinforcing IR I like the drill that's used at the end of this video. The drill is used for conditioning but I like it because the pitcher is locked into an open shoulder stance. I think it would be good for your daughter because she closes and forces the ball instead of whipping it.

Feb 11, 2020
Thanks ArmWhip-will definitely try that drill today! Man I wish I knew all this 2 years ago. These PCs around me are really doing a disservice to these young girls. Thought I was on the right track with my daughter as she was pitching strikes in games but turns out she was probably aiming. I knew something didn’t look right with her leaning forward. Now she has to relearn everything.

Feb 11, 2020
So my DD has used these last 3 months learning Tincher style virtually with face time lessons. Her forms looks great. She then pitched her first game over the wkend and of course didn’t trust her mechanics and resorted back to her old style! . Thoughts?

Sep 19, 2018
I don't think that is terribly surprising. It'll come. Maybe let her coach know and then she can talk about it with your dd if she feels it is necessary.

Jan 17, 2020
Agree - it's a process. First game and all. Give it some time. Just keep working and she'll get it. My dd is in the same boat. Waiting for it to just click.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So my DD has used these last 3 months learning Tincher style virtually with face time lessons. Her forms looks great. She then pitched her first game over the wkend and of course didn’t trust her mechanics and resorted back to her old style! . Thoughts?

Thats difficult.
Feedback to share
If she can feel/know the differences between the good and bad
~ thats a learning moment!

Discernment (recognizing) is
acknowledging in the moment
what we can do better next time!

Stay Positive, Keep Working!

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.

Yes, for young pitchers everything changes when you put a batter in the box. Try to find someone to stand in at your next practice, the person shouldn't be swinging, just giving your daughter the look of having a batter in the box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802