Changing pitching styles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Ha!!! Btw we have to do the virtual lessons so not sure how this will work. I like this coach in Orlando but he didn’t promise 3 weeks! Sounded a bit longer! My DD like to turn her shoulders and power the ball...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really depends on your starting point, how much determination you and DD have, how much you work on it, how badly you want it. While my DD's instructor wasn't pushing IR, he wasn't all that HE really. He advocated a whip, which one might argue is more IR than HE.

Feb 11, 2020
It’s funny another reason I want to change her style is because when she is not pitching she plays 3rd and has an incredible arm firing rockets to 1st! So I figure she should be able to translate that into her pitching...

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Like this for the kids learning on their own and a nice warm-up routine.

- Softball Pitching Instruction progression drills

May 16, 2019

It’s worth changing, I had 50 students before Board member rocked our world and schooled us about IR. I always felt something was not quite right with HE but didn’t know what it was but when I learned IR I knew it was right. There is a lot of great information on this site about IR. if your serious you can learn it.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020
Man the biggest problem we are having is keeping palm up! She is so use to have the palm down on back swing. Any suggestions? In slow motion she does fine with a little twist of the hand but when she speeds up goes back to old ways...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812