Change up (Change?)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
Agree 100%. My DD is in college and only now is starting master the CU. Throws into a bucket in the cages, often with her eyes closed. Has been doing 5 buckets every day recently and it is really paying off. I think seeing Waldrop in the Super and a couple of SEC teams telling her they wanted to see it made a huge impression on her.

How far away....shove change?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
How far away....shove change?

Back then about 25-35ft. She started with a straight up flip and now throws it out of the back of her hand. SC saw her pitch in June at Diamond 9 at Disney and said they wanted to see her develop a CU. I wrote this about 3 weeks before she threw it vs SC in Columbia. She committed 2 weeks later and then signed shortly after.

Last edited:

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
Back then about 25-35ft. She started with a straight up flip and now throws it out of the back of her hand. SC saw her pitch in June at Diamond 9 at Disney and said they wanted to see her develop a CU. I wrote this about 3 weeks before she threw it vs SC in Columbia. She committed 2 weeks later and then signed shortly after.

Awesome! Is the bucket just facing the sky or do u have it on an angle

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
What is out of back of hand...do you roll it over or shove it off the palm toward the catcher...I read your other posts and I'm thinking you are turning the hand over towards the front pocket...I say twisting the lid off at release

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
What is out of back of hand...do you roll it over or shove it off the palm toward the catcher...I read your other posts and I'm thinking you are turning the hand over towards the front pocket...I say twisting the lid off at release

Roll it over and finish with thumb down on the glove side hip.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
riseball when your dd is practicing cu's are all pitches cu's or does she alternate with other pitches, use a ratio or some such?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802