CF ZEN OR POWER CARBON

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2020
Who has both bats and compared them side by side? My DD seems to like the feel of her current CF however, I was looking for other options that might be better. I’ve never swung or held the PC. I know they are very popular on here however I don’t see too many at tournaments. I’m looking for a lightest swing weight and the largest sweet spot. Not necessarily the most pop. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 2, 2019
My DD has a 30/20 zen and a 31/20 PC (currently swings a 33/22 LXT). She preferred the PC. It’s tough to beat demarinis if you are after a light swinging bat but the Pc had more pop. Btw we are a family of Jayhawks

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Def diff feels. The PC has internal tech and the CF is hollow. So the Demarini will feel "softer" and feel
a little more flexy. The PC is as right there with anything out there.
There was plenty of Mizuno in the college world series if you watched. Just because you dont see many at your
local fields, doesnt mean they arent good. We all know some players always want what they see and no way wanna try something different. The PC is only 3 models old...so they are still "newish" in marketing and getting "out" there as much as other bats.

Feb 14, 2019
Who has both bats and compared them side by side? My DD seems to like the feel of her current CF however, I was looking for other options that might be better. I’ve never swung or held the PC. I know they are very popular on here however I don’t see too many at tournaments. I’m looking for a lightest swing weight and the largest sweet spot. Not necessarily the most pop. Thanks.

DD is 11 and just got her new PC last week (Thanks again Coresoftball!) and is really starting to love it. Demarini CF line has been her go to bat choice for the last 5 years (has tried LXT, Marucci, Ghosts, etc., but always preferred a balanced swinging Demarini). She was swinging a 30/19 CF and her new PC is a 30/20.

In my opinion, in the smaller sizes, there's no bat out there more forgiving on a young player than a Demarini; stingers were a rarity for my DD. Comparing similar sized bats from multiple manufacturers, the Demarini consistently has a longer barrel. Balls that weren't exactly squared up tended to jump off the CF better than most other makes/models DD tried. However, she did see some harder hit balls that were barreled up just right from Easton and Slugger, but she didn't like the negative feedback those bats gave her on mis-hits. Over time, her swing has improved and she no longer needs her bat to be as forgiving.

Initial impression of the PC is that it's a beautiful bat that feels really good in your hands. Side by side with the CF, the PC has a little shorter overall barrel length. Good pop straight out of the wrapper and it seems to be getting hotter (whether it's the fibers loosening or her getting used to how the PC swings, idk). She did get her hands stung a bit on mis-hits the first day. It definitely caught her by surprise when it happened, but she quickly corrected and hasn't had an issue with stingers after that.

While she wasn't wild about it the first couple of days, last night she started talking about how much she's starting to like this new bat. Can't wait to see what she can do with it.

Shout out to CoreSoftball for the excellent pricing and great customer service! If you're shopping for a brand they carry, definitely open a dialogue and see what they can do for you.

Oct 27, 2020
My DD has a 30/20 zen and a 31/20 PC (currently swings a 33/22 LXT). She preferred the PC. It’s tough to beat demarinis if you are after a light swinging bat but the Pc had more pop. Btw we are a family of Jayhawks

Rock Chalk!

Oct 9, 2020
Daughter loves the PC, also has the CF. DD picks the PC every at bat, she loves the pop and sounds great also.... CF is solid but she personally likes the PC.... Get with Core for the PC, best price out there......

Mar 20, 2019
DD has a PC and loves she switched from a CF Hope and didn't notice a huge difference but then again she's never been a bat snob. The PC has been a a good bat, the only issue we've had is the grip doesn't seem as tough as the Demarini, but that's just a new Lizard Skin and it's good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
the Demarini consistently has a longer barrel. Balls that weren't exactly squared up tended to jump off the CF better than most other makes/models DD tried. However, she did see some harder hit balls that were barreled up just right from Easton and Slugger, but she didn't like the negative feedback those bats gave her on mis-hits. Over time, her swing has improved and she no longer needs her bat to be as forgiving.
DeMarini has made their money being the longest barrel tiny bat of any manufacturer. First, because they are a hollow bat, they dont have
to deal with barrel weight while dealing with overall weight. Easton and LS both have much smaller barrels when your talking about 28-30 inch bats.
Mizuno has done a very good job dealing with inner tech and keeping a pretty good size barrel...BUT, they also dont make a 28 or 29 inch bat
because of that fact probably

Aug 24, 2021
my DD has both the CF ZEN 32" drop 10 (two of them now, both 2020 version), and a 32" drop 10 PC, 2021 model. She says the PC swing slightly lighter than the CF ZEN. she hits a couple MPH higher on EV with ONE of her CF ZEN's (the old faithful one!). 13U, 5'3", 140 lbs...62 MPH on PC, 65 MPH record high CF ZEN (both normal batting swing off a tee, on a HitTrax, regulation 12" balls)
The CF ZEN certainly has a much larger sweet spot. its a very quiet bat on impact, the PC is much louder...
FWIW, the lightest swinging bat she has ever tried is a 2020 DeMarini Prism....but it had like zero pop, was 6-7 MPH drop from her CF ZEN at Dick's on their HitTrax (using foam balls there, of course)
we relegated the PC to use for batting of the pitching machine, since i couldn't return it, and she didn't hate swinging it. a month or so later, noticed a 'clunk' sound when she dropped it lightly on the turf of the batting cage. has had that 'clunk' ever since. i'm positive whatever inner tech is inside has broken loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee