Catching Videos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2008
Can anyone tell me some good catching instruction videos to get? I hope to use help from the videos as well as a catching clinic to help my girls. There is very little in my area for good instruction, so we have to depend mostly on video help and asking questions.

Thanks,

Rob

Aug 2, 2008
I just received Catching Coaches video.

http://www.catchingcamp.com/

It is worth the money, good instruction even for beginners. There might be a couple controversial techniques like throwing hand placement, not shifting before the pitch, but he gives good explanations why. Those minor issues you can probably alter, but the bulk of information is very good.

Mike

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I actually took my catchers to see Coach Weaver from NE Catching Camps and I can tell you that not only he knows what he is talking about but he's a great teacher. Being a trained educator, I recognize good instructional skills. He's been doing this for so long that he got very good at teaching it.

Catching techniques are no different than pitching or hitting techniques, there will always be differences in philosophies and how it is being taught.

I strongly recommend it.

Marc

Oct 8, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am in the same situation as my 13U daughter has just started catching in September. I'm trying to find drills and different ways to practice with her. I do have her attending a 3 weekend Clinic for catchers at Hofstra University. I've read all the posts here and decided to ordered the "Coaches Guide to Training Catchers DVD" last night. I will give everyone a review once I get it and watch it a few dozen time.

Nov 9, 2009
Instructional DVD

I am in the same situation as my 13U daughter has just started catching in September. I'm trying to find drills and different ways to practice with her. I do have her attending a 3 weekend Clinic for catchers at Hofstra University. I've read all the posts here and decided to ordered the "Coaches Guide to Training Catchers DVD" last night. I will give everyone a review once I get it and watch it a few dozen time.

NYLadyCobras, got time to review the DVD yet? Very interested in what you think. Thanks.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
JJ,
Don't wait, go ahead and get Catching Coach's video now - if you don't like it I'll buy it from you - I keep having a hard time getting my copy back from those I loan it to!

Search this forum and you'll find more positive feedback about it.

GM:D

Sep 3, 2009
Absolutely get Dave Weaver's video. We've bought a couple of different ones, but his is by far the best. It's the only one I'd recommend.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Abs - now I know why I liked the catcher's receiving form in your avatar. Don't know where you are, but if Dave puts on a clinic remotely near you, it'd be well worth the trip - he's more effective in person and well received by female athletes, which can't be said about all instructors!

Sep 3, 2009
Abs - now I know why I liked the catcher's receiving form in your avatar. Don't know where you are, but if Dave puts on a clinic remotely near you, it'd be well worth the trip - he's more effective in person and well received by female athletes, which can't be said about all instructors!

Green, thank you very much. :)
Actually Mr. Weaver will be here next weekend for a clinic, and my daughter can't wait. My daughters catching instructor follows Mr. Weaver's system, and it is great.

Oct 19, 2009
I actually took my catchers to see Coach Weaver from NE Catching Camps and I can tell you that not only he knows what he is talking about but he's a great teacher. Being a trained educator, I recognize good instructional skills. He's been doing this for so long that he got very good at teaching it.

Catching techniques are no different than pitching or hitting techniques, there will always be differences in philosophies and how it is being taught.

I strongly recommend it.

Marc

I bought this video and it is awesome. Covers every aspect of being a catcher. It's called "The New England Catching Camp - A Coach's Guide to Training Catchers". A very well spent forty bucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802