Catching Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2015
Your opinion on best gear for the money ....not the mitt but the rest....debating on getting All Star or Easton but other opinions are welcomed...thanks

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Don't commit to one brand. Your DD may like the helmet from one, the chest protector from another and shin guards from someone else. It's not a brand fits all.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
All-Star is top quality stuff. I haven’t seen the new Easton yet, but the Prowess stuff had durability issues. I like the Wilson Pro Stock legs, but not the chest. Wilson ProMotion chest was excellent for fit and comfort, but was sadly discontinued.

All-Star, Easton Pro-X, and Wilson Pro-Stock helmets are all very good.

Mixing and matching (as mentioned above) is just fine. Proper fit is a critical factor.

May 6, 2015
proper fit most important, and my own pet crusade, consider lighter color helmet (and other gear as well), your DD will thank you when it is 102 and she has to catch 3+ games.

Jun 14, 2018
Your opinion on best gear for the money ....not the mitt but the rest....debating on getting All Star or Easton but other opinions are welcomed...thanks
My thoughts on the matter and what I have done with DD is mismatch a set for her. These legs will fit better than those but this chest is better kinda thing