Catching at Pitching Private Lessons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I have full set of catchers gear and like to catch as well but my eyes are bad.
One DD just started getting consistent lessons and hit 62mph on the gun today. Her speed and my eyes are a bad combo. Her curve always seems to find my damn thumb!!!
Her twin is slower due to late start and is still willing to take direction from me so I have that for now. 😜

I picked up an evosheild thumb guard for my catchers mitt. Made life easier.. thats the other reason I like to catch DD ever so often to keep up with her speed

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I have full set of catchers gear and like to catch as well but my eyes are bad.
One DD just started getting consistent lessons and hit 62mph on the gun today. Her speed and my eyes are a bad combo. Her curve always seems to find my damn thumb!!!
Her twin is slower due to late start and is still willing to take direction from me so I have that for now. 😜
62 mph good for her 👍
May i ask how old?

May 4, 2020
62 mph good for her 👍
May i ask how old?
15yr old. Never really had consistent lessons until recently. The top pitchers in our region in her age group throw 64/65mph.
They have had lessons for the last 8-10yrs so I believe my DD will has a “fresh arm” and will bopefully blow by them soon. 70 is the new 60!!!
She is only 5’ 2” Rad but strong. We just started seeing 2 pitching coaches recently to see which one she prefers.
One is all about speed and drills and the other is more about pitches and movement.
One is a 4 time D-3 All American and the other is a Dad of a very good D-1 pitcher.
DD says she likes them both but budget doesn’t allow for two coaches.
Good thing is that she is practicing twice a week!!! Could never get her to work with me more than once a week.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
15yr old. Never really had consistent lessons until recently. The top pitchers in our region in her age group throw 64/65mph.
They have had lessons for the last 8-10yrs so I believe my DD will has a “fresh arm” and will bopefully blow by them soon. 70 is the new 60!!!
She is only 5’ 2” Rad but strong. We just started seeing 2 pitching coaches recently to see which one she prefers.
One is all about speed and drills and the other is more about pitches and movement.
One is a 4 time D-3 All American and the other is a Dad of a very good D-1 pitcher.
DD says she likes them both but budget doesn’t allow for two coaches.
Good thing is that she is practicing twice a week!!! Could never get her to work with me more than once a week.
Nice! She's on her path!
Mighty 5'2!
Like the quest for knowledge and the instructors!

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I suggest my pitchers show some love with at least a Starbucks gift card. For any of my girls that also catch, I discount their pitching lesson if they catch for the next lesson.

Sep 27, 2015
My daughter catches roughly 5-6 pitchers a week. Sometimes they slip her a little cash, most the time it's Starbucks gift cards or food. Needless to say, we rarely pay for Starbucks and she has saved enough up to by herself a new laptop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802