CATCHERS on the ATTACK! ...better than shark week!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I love Maddie's calm composure on this play. Pitch is on the opposite side of the plate from where it was called (but still a strike), and falls out of Maddie's mitt, but there is no panic, and she executes a well-targeted throw to get the out.

EDIT: Batter made Maddie's job easier by getting out of the way. If she stays put in the box, she makes it a more difficult throw.

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
Ha, nice to see the resurrection of this thread! I've been videoing DD to work on her receiving of low and outside pitches, she needs to see how her approach to receiving this pitch is affecting the "look" of the pitch to the umpire... Anyway, got a nice video clip of a runner CS and made this edit. It's been a long time since I've recorded action from the side

Jun 10, 2021
I posted a video earlier in this thread when my daughter was throwing out her first runner in 10u. Now she's 10 and playing up this Fall in 12u and threw out 5 girls this past Sunday over 2 games. She's tiny since she's playing up so I guess the opposing coaches like to test her?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I posted a video earlier in this thread when my daughter was throwing out her first runner in 10u. Now she's 10 and playing up this Fall in 12u and threw out 5 girls this past Sunday over 2 games. She's tiny since she's playing up so I guess the opposing coaches like to test her?

Very nice!

I know that field. My DD played in a showcase event there a few weeks ago. :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Woohoo attack mode!!!
ZAP
ZAP
ZAP
ZAP
ZAP
...go for it runners want to try it again...
inspiration in action!!!!!👍💪

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Here's a clean play
Getting rid of the ball quickly and throwing accurately. Real nice application by the shortstop as well.

Extra fun notation that runner for UC San Diego is there number one leading base stealer. And ucsd team leads the big West in stolen bases.

Mar 6, 2016
Been awhile since I last checked in....As Ferris once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

A few of DD Alexis' most recent we've got on tape...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802