CATCHERS on the ATTACK! ...better than shark week!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Getting video of punch-outs are rare unless the entire game is taped by somebody. 🤔 But, my DW caught a few now and then in between countless videos of non eventful balls and strikes. 😴

Love both of the umpires' punch outs!👍

Alexis back in 10u straight off the pick in the dirt:

Older DD Aly back when she was in 12u:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Getting video of punch-outs are rare unless the entire game is taped by somebody. 🤔 But, my DW caught a few now and then in between countless videos of non eventful balls and strikes. 😴

Love both of the umpires' punch outs!👍

Alexis back in 10u straight off the pick in the dirt:

And our older DD Aly back when she was in 12u:

That's a hell of a good throw by a 10yo. Most can't throw that far at all, and those that can usually throw giant rainbows. Nice job by both girls. :)

Apr 1, 2017
One of the things I enjoy the most as my daughters team has aged up is the quality of catching. Not just our team, but the teams we play too. It's nice when walks aren't automatically turning into doubles or triples 2 pitches later.

Mar 6, 2016
Its funny to see the little subtle physical mannerisms/reactions by each catcher from younger to older. ;) My older daughter never reacted much..and my youngest would like arch her back and lift her leg almost every time she was throwing somebody out. Sort of like body english to steer the ball in mid air. Lol

Mar 6, 2016
Ok RAD, here's my youngest DD in 12u first attempts from knees in an actual game.

My wife was able to get some video of her yesterday. DD has been hesitant on doing it in a game. She's been encouraged by her coach to just go for it and try in our friendlies. In practice she can usually get it to 2B in air and on a line, but not quite on these. We were on a little league field too and seems the grass slowed the bounce up for sure. No punch outs on either of em...just bit late on the throws. :(

What do ya think? Advice?

Things I notice: not enough turn in on front right leg to get sideways and to launch position. Then not quite enough drive off back foot forward. And feet set position needs to be wider before receiving pitch.

Then in 2nd one, she should have popped to her feet with ball being high and away. I think that's the tough part for her is to let the pitch dictate which method to use on throw and just react and not think about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22