Catchers mitt recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2020
I need a broken in mitt fast. Those are two that I have a choice of. There is also an All Star Vela. She has a Wilson A2000 right now that is partly broken in. I feel like she’s been working with this mitt for awhile (since last Summer) and we can’t seem to get it to where it needs to be. She caught live pitching today for the first time since February and she had trouble holding on to pitches today. It still is stiff. Her old glove is a Wilson (can’t remember the model number but it was nothing fancy). That lasted from 12u all the way through 16u. And I think I paid $25.00 for it. We just can’t seem to get this new Wilson broken in and she’s got another tryout on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How are you trying to break it in? What conditioner are you using. You should be able to break in the toughest steer hide catchers mitt in a few days. Fielding glove in a day

DO NOT STEAM

Jun 27, 2018
I ended up purchasing the Liberty Advanced online already broken in. It’s working well for her. Honestly the A2000 we already did have steamed last year when she started working with this mitt. She didn’t work with it much at that time because she kept trying to use her old mitt at the time so that’s part of why the process was slow. I did use some sort of conditioner on that I bought at Dicks but I don’t remember the name and I’m not home now to look. I used the A2000 about a week ago with her having a catch and I thought it was starting to loosen up a little. So now it’s her back up mitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28