Catchers mitt for dad. Tell me your favorite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
I picked up a lightly used Nokona on Ebay for $100. Looked like it was used for less than a season.

Feb 25, 2018
How do you like the new mitt? That’s the one I’ve been looking at.

Been working on it for a few days, breaking it in will be a long process for sure. This is my first go with a glove this stiff.

My initial thoughts on the glove are that it's well made and for the price point, a very good stock glove. Recommend it.

Attachments

• 20200110_130409.jpg
    20200110_130409.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Jun 8, 2018
Been working on it for a few days, breaking it in will be a long process for sure. This is my first go with a glove this stiff.

My initial thoughts on the glove are that it's well made and for the price point, a very good stock glove. Recommend it.

I just bought the same mitt. That sucker is stiff!! Any tricks to breaking in this mitt? I have never dealt with such a beast

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
The key is to pinpoint the spots where the glove needs to flex and apply lanolin, which you can get at a drug store. Then use a hair dryer to heat up those areas. The heel is the most important, don't forget to apply the lanolin on the inside too. Keep doing it until you get it where you want it.

May 16, 2016
I recently ordered a custom Rawlings Liberty Advanced 34" catchers mitt in Black. It arrived a couple of weeks ago. Still breaking it in. But it fits my hand better than the Marucci mitt I was using before. My 14u DD asked why I needed a new glove. I told her it was the whisper edition, quietest glove on the market. She was not happy. LOL

Much to her relief, it's as loud as the Marucci was.

Feb 25, 2018
I just bought the same mitt. That sucker is stiff!! Any tricks to breaking in this mitt? I have never dealt with such a beast

I did the usual stuff, applied glove treatment about 3 times over the course of a month and caught a lot for my daughter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom