Catchers gear set

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2014
That's cool that I can change the shoulder protector on the chest guard. It's also great she loves how it fits. I'm going to have to see if I can find it at my local Dick's or Dunham's. I may end up getting it off of the Easton website. I have a couple of concerns. I'm 5'2" and 145 pounds. I also have a decent sized chest and my lower legs are shorter. I'm concerned I can find the right fit for me. Do they sell individual pieces of the gear or do I have to get individual sets and piece what I need? I'm also concerned about the $400 price tag. Is it worth it at that price?

I just returned a Jen Schro chest protector this evening to Dick’s. I ordered it online for my 14 yo dd. It was nowhere near wide enough in the chest, so you might want to keep that in mind. We were disappointed because I had some neat features. I think we’re going to try an All Star next.

Dec 7, 2020
That's cool that I can change the shoulder protector on the chest guard. It's also great she loves how it fits. I'm going to have to see if I can find it at my local Dick's or Dunham's. I may end up getting it off of the Easton website. I have a couple of concerns. I'm 5'2" and 145 pounds. I also have a decent sized chest and my lower legs are shorter. I'm concerned I can find the right fit for me. Do they sell individual pieces of the gear or do I have to get individual sets and piece what I need? I'm also concerned about the $400 price tag. Is it worth it at that price?
I believe you can buy each piece separately. As far as price goes its pretty costly, but her legs are in better shape since she switched. Her knees don't hurt as much as before.

Oct 8, 2020
Hi there!

My name is Johanna, and I lead the Fastpitch Division at All-Star Sporting Goods - a family-owned company that specializes in baseball and softball catcher's gear.

I wanted to jump into this thread because you had expressed some concern about finding the right fit, and if you can buy individual pieces to make up a set or if you have to piece together what you need.

All-Star launched our brand new women's gear line, AFx, last March. When the gear line was in its design stages, we often heard from players that they were frustrated by the fit of catcher's gear because if they bought a kit, it was more than likely that one of the pieces (leg guard, chest protector or helmet) wasn't going to fit correctly. As a woman, I know that we're not all built the same way - some have longer legs and a shorter torso, or vice versa, while some like the gear to fit on the smaller side while others like gear that fits true to size.

For all of these reasons, we added the build-your-own option on our website. So, now, when a customer goes to buy an AFx kit on our website, they can choose the size of each individual piece that they need, and are still rewarded price wise for buying all of the items at one time. Again, this decision was really driven by the idea that we want each piece to fit according to how that player is built and their comfort level.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know as I would be more than happy to help!

Respectfully,
Johanna

Nov 15, 2019
For all of these reasons, we added the build-your-own option on our website. So, now, when a customer goes to buy an AFx kit on our website, they can choose the size of each individual piece that they need, and are still rewarded price wise for buying all of the items at one time. Again, this decision was really driven by the idea that we want each piece to fit according to how that player is built and their comfort level.

This is a great option! I didn't know you could customize the size when you buy a kit. Good to know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598