Catchers gear set

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
I've never seen the Jen Schro line of catcher's gear. Do you know what brand she's working with to make the gear? I'm intrigued to see what the gear is like.

Easton:

JENSCHROTHEVERYBEST-BLACKBLACK

Dec 7, 2020
Hmm..yeah Ive looked at the Jen Schro ones as well. Just not many I know have them for feedback. Thanks for the info. How light are they compared to Velas? They look like they have more hard plastic wrapping around the leg and I wondered if they might be heavier/bulkier.

Thanks.

My DD says she doesnt notice any weight difference but the padding in the Jen Schro set is better

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Easton:

JENSCHROTHEVERYBEST-BLACKBLACK

I looked at your link and the gear seems cool and it seems like I'd fit in a medium. I'm not too itchy to pull the trigger at $400 though.

My DD says she doesnt notice any weight difference but the padding in the Jen Schro set is better

Has your daughter noticed a whole lot of difference in fit from different brands? Also, can the shoulder protector be switched to the other side? I ask because I'm a lefty and I'd be coming from Diamond gear.

Dec 7, 2020
I looked at your link and the gear seems cool and it seems like I'd fit in a medium. I'm not too itchy to pull the trigger at $400 though.

Has your daughter noticed a whole lot of difference in fit from different brands? Also, can the shoulder protector be switched to the other side? I ask because I'm a lefty and I'd be coming from Diamond gear.
Yes it looks like it can be switched to the other side. As far as fit she loves the way it fits, and said its more comfortable. She likes the helmet better than the All Star and under armor she had before. She says the jen schro are the best Shin guards she has ever used.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Yes it looks like it can be switched to the other side. As far as fit she loves the way it fits, and said its more comfortable. She likes the helmet better than the All Star and under armor she had before. She says the jen schro are the best Shin guards she has ever used.

That's cool that I can change the shoulder protector on the chest guard. It's also great she loves how it fits. I'm going to have to see if I can find it at my local Dick's or Dunham's. I may end up getting it off of the Easton website. I have a couple of concerns. I'm 5'2" and 145 pounds. I also have a decent sized chest and my lower legs are shorter. I'm concerned I can find the right fit for me. Do they sell individual pieces of the gear or do I have to get individual sets and piece what I need? I'm also concerned about the $400 price tag. Is it worth it at that price?

Mar 6, 2016
That's cool that I can change the shoulder protector on the chest guard. It's also great she loves how it fits. I'm going to have to see if I can find it at my local Dick's or Dunham's. I may end up getting it off of the Easton website. I have a couple of concerns. I'm 5'2" and 145 pounds. I also have a decent sized chest and my lower legs are shorter. I'm concerned I can find the right fit for me. Do they sell individual pieces of the gear or do I have to get individual sets and piece what I need? I'm also concerned about the $400 price tag. Is it worth it at that price?

My DD is also a lefty catcher!! Cool to hear more lefties out there. She doesn't use Jen Schro's, we are still trying to decide what brand to get and able to find. She only needs the leg guards right now. Agree $400 is steep.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
My DD is also a lefty catcher!! Cool to hear more lefties out there. She doesn't use Jen Schro's, we are still trying to decide what brand to get and able to find. She only needs the leg guards right now. Agree $400 is steep.

I noticed with being a lefty catcher, it's so much harder to find a glove at a decent price. I got a vinci and I love mine. I currently use Diamond iX5 catcher gear and I love it. I'm thinking about trying the Schro gear but can't justify spending $400 for gear I'm not sure will work.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now

Might want to check with @CoreSoftball20 if you decide to go with Easton. He's said several times he can get the gear and it's a significant discount over full retail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802