Catcher-specific winter workouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 4, 2015
Georgia
We've had a trainer for years and it cost a small fortune. DD said this is better and Austin will change exercises if you don't have the right equipment. I also gave DD a financial incentive because she is saving me so much:)

Can you do most of the workouts without a gym membership? Just wondering if it's mostly free weights, medicine balls, etc. that I could buy.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
DD has started up now, along with a friend. They work at one of our local fitness centers that has a pool, and swim laps for 20 to 30 minutes after the workout to add cardio. Takes about 2 hours total. Both girls like to swim, so they see that as a reward for a good workout.

Her PC is high on swimming for pitchers. Good for the shoulders with different ranges of motion, and good for endurance.

Aug 30, 2015
I see the program is 16 weeks.

How many days per week?

Our team is together twice per week and wondering if it's worth having our catchers work the Wasserman program for those two practices. And how many they'll have to work on their own.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
I see the program is 16 weeks.

How many days per week?

Our team is together twice per week and wondering if it's worth having our catchers work the Wasserman program for those two practices. And how many they'll have to work on their own.

2 days per week. If possible, I recommend spacing as evenly as possible, like Mon/Thur or Tue/Fri, etc. They'll need rest between.

Aug 30, 2015
D'oh! I just saw the website on which the e-book is posted and it says right there. . . 2 days per week!

Thanks anyway jacman!

Life is in the details. . ..

Jan 28, 2017
Anyone still using the Wasserman program for catchers?

I live in the sticks and was planning on taking my 12 year old catching (son) to a facility to help with flexibility and speed this summer. The problem is that he is practicing every night and I can't line the times up to take him. We live an hour away from the facility. Hoping this may work for what I'm looking for. Thoughts.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This Catching workout does not take up a lot of room.
Can get a GREAT workout in while developing mechanics and skillsets!
1st workout - no ball
2nd workout - with ball
*adds fielding/glovework & transition.

RAD~ Ready And Durable Catchers 👍

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802