Catcher-specific winter workouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
We've had a trainer for years and it cost a small fortune. DD said this is better and Austin will change exercises if you don't have the right equipment. I also gave DD a financial incentive because she is saving me so much:)

Have you done anything to add an endurance component? Do you think it's necessary? With DD a pitcher, that comes into play for us to a degree. Haven't heard back from Austin yet, but was curious about your experience or thoughts.

Oct 10, 2011
DD is adding running inclines on the treadmill just to burn more calories on off days, but that's it.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Have you done anything to add an endurance component? Do you think it's necessary? With DD a pitcher, that comes into play for us to a degree. Haven't heard back from Austin yet, but was curious about your experience or thoughts.

DD does the elliptical and the treadmill for the cardio...

Aug 30, 2015
I'm interested in the Wasserman program but I have questions that hopefully those of you that have purchased can answer.

Is the program for strength and endurance only, or does it also incorporate other catching drills; footwork, throwing drills, blocking, etc.?

In other words, is it a full all-around catcher program or just physical conditioning and strength-building?

Oct 10, 2011
I'm interested in the Wasserman program but I have questions that hopefully those of you that have purchased can answer.

Is the program for strength and endurance only, or does it also incorporate other catching drills; footwork, throwing drills, blocking, etc.?

In other words, is it a full all-around catcher program or just physical conditioning and strength-building?
This is a [I]workout[/I] for catchers and doesn't have drills to learn techniques etc... It has specific warm-ups, stretching, and strength building that is tailored for that position, but I'm sure would benefit everyone.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina

This is clearly a strength and conditioning program that moves through stages of development from basic movement to injury prevention. It is applicable to more than just catchers. Lots of core and leg stuff. DD is a pitcher. Our only adjustment will probably involve rotate cuff conditioning.

For anyone who is new to conditioning, please take every care to get form correct, especially when using weights. This is critical, not only for proper development, but avoiding injury. Hiring a certified trainer to help teach proper forms and movement would be money well spent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802