Casting??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2021
Was hoping I could get some feedback on my DD swing. All of the contact lately are chopping ground balls that basically hit just past home plate. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. From what I think she is casting her hands and rolling her wrists due to the long swing.

Oct 26, 2019
I don’t really have any input on the swing itself, but that is a very wide stance. I don’t know how she can leverage any power from that wide.

Aug 20, 2017
Her stance is too wide. It’s hard to use the core/hips when too wide. Watch her head immediately after contact. This indicates using the arms and shoulders for leverage. I don’t see casting or a swing that’s too long. Stride to the most athletic position she can get in (use this for no stride). She still needs flexibility

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Very rotational and slightly downward swing which results in ground balls to the left side and popup to the right side (RH batters). The upper body mechanics don't show the left shoulder working up and back or the right shoulder working down and forward. Look at these videos.

Mar 28, 2014
She's too rotational so hands are starting to move up at contact causing her to hit the top of the ball. And stance is too wide.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
IDK about the stance. Ive seen it work. Maybe a little too wide but her finish is ok in terms of width. But her arms appear to be apart, meaning front elbow up AND back elbow up. Bring the front elbow down/in and then work on the swing. She also has a little bat drag but I think that is partially due to arm setup. She may be getting a little to much weight forward too but work on one thing at a time. Look for a drill here called tip and rip and see how she does with that swing. Using that drill will help get the bat head up too. Its not that the bat head HAS to be up but it will give her a better feel for a better swing. BY no means an expert but this should help get a better feel for her. Good luck.

1613944626277.png

1613944484308.png
1613944388359.png

Apr 9, 2020
no way am I an expert just logged a lot of hours watching practice and lessons with my kid.. I agree she is to wide and low, no separation on load and her back elbow is getting infant of back hip. the swing in my opinion is built from the base up. I would not go crazy this time of the year as highs school and travel starting , I would pick some areas and just concentrate on those aspects of the swing, start at the base and fire the back hip with a solid stiff front side like explained above.. please don't over whelm her with a lot of stuff at once , best of luck and truly envious of you playing at all even indoors...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45