Carrying bags for pop-up canopies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2019
I just got a 10’x20’ pop up canopy on Amazon, and the bag it stores in will not last. The canopy weighs about 50 lbs and when i set it up in the yard, it seemed to be as well made as the other canopies we’ve used at tournaments, but the bag it comes in feels like it was not made to carry something of this weight.
Have any of you come up with a better idea than the bag it comes in?
Im thinking maybe bind it with straps, top and bottom and then with a third strap, bind it to a two-wheeler. Then cover it with a trash bag when not in use.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
TIA

Mar 20, 2019
Might be a bit big but I would try an artificial Christmas tree storage bag, they come in different sizes.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

May 6, 2015
wife got a 10 x 17 popup when our previous one failed weighs a ton (no official weight), bag has wheels, but I refuse to roll it without the wagon (feels like it is pulling my shoulder out of socket, got a bum shoulder to start with)

suggestion is always use wagon to transport it. and if you are worried about holes, rubbing, abrasion, go over outside with gorilla tape. did that with an old rolling sports bag, got a whole new life out of it. (had holes in bottome from dragging

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I like the Velcro idea and also not packing it up every time and just use a cart. Biggest pain for those canopies
is to take them down and put them back in the bag every single time.

Feb 26, 2018
The Velcro idea is a winner in my book. What I like about my son's lacrosse tournaments is every tourney spray paints an area and designates it "Tent City". All the canopies get set up there and then when it's time for your game, you just leave your canopies and take your chairs to whatever field you're on. Granted the games are only about an hour long, but it's a lot less hassle.

Jun 12, 2015
We used to tote the canopy to every tournament. For our year-end tournament this year we got one of those huge umbrellas and I'm not sure I'll ever bring a canopy again. It takes up so much less space and is way lighter and easier to move around. It's no big deal to take it from field to field then back to wherever you're set up for between games. I got a $20 foldable umbrella stand to go with it. Sorry, not really what you were asking, but I 100% recommend it.

May 6, 2015
The Velcro idea is a winner in my book. What I like about my son's lacrosse tournaments is every tourney spray paints an area and designates it "Tent City". All the canopies get set up there and then when it's time for your game, you just leave your canopies and take your chairs to whatever field you're on. Granted the games are only about an hour long, but it's a lot less hassle.

our national in No VA this weekend this would have been a no go. 5 games in a row (between 15 and 30 minute breaks), swapping fields twice in there (A, then B, then B, then A, then A), so hot, needed shade during games (110 heat index)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12