Careful out there...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2021
PA
My DD's team had to pack up the dugout this past Sunday morning and forfeit as one of her teammates (who started feeling in Saturday night) was diagnosed Sunday morning with Covid. All day Saturday, I didn't see parents or players wearing much in the way of masks or social distancing. I'm now on lockdown with my family per the CDC and we have to cancel this coming weekend's tournament. Be safe out there!!!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I had COVID as well. It's rough. But, even though I had it, I still hate wearing a mask and try to avoid it as much as I can. Still don't know if my school is going to mandate a vaccine.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD had a scare last week. She was throwing up on Monday and could not stop. She ended up going to urgent care taking 2 Covid tests, both came back negative. She has to provide paperwork coming from Urgent Care for the university's contact tracing protocol. In the paperwork provided, the university noticed that it said that she was exposed to Covid and would have to Q'tine until the 23rd. DD said that is not right, she was not around anyone that had C19 and she just had a stomach bug. She went back to urgent care and asked why they put that on the paperwork. They said that once you leave your house, you are exposed! What!? She had to go back forth several times. She called me crying telling me what is going on and I suggested that she walk back in there and Ask for their help and tell them EXACTLY what you need. The Dr. that treated her was in there and was able to write a note explaining everything. She got to play her games this weekend!!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd was in a faculty meeting that had all of the chairs marked and distanced from each other at her faculty's last meeting before Christmas. A teacher came in late and sat in the chair next to my dd. She told him the chair was marked with an x and he was not supposed to sit there. He didn't move. Long story short, he called the Principal the next day and said he had covid. My dd has to quartine all of her Christmas break. We had to do Christmas on New Years Day with her. We all have our shots now.

Apr 30, 2018
We had to quarantine our rec ball team for 10 days. Thursday night game was very windy luckily. On Friday a girl tested positive. Nobody else game down with it luckily. I just finished my two weeks after my 2nd shot so hopefully safe.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I had COVID as well. It's rough. But, even though I had it, I still hate wearing a mask and try to avoid it as much as I can. Still don't know if my school is going to mandate a vaccine.
There are some crimes against humanity charges being filed in the world for this mess we are in. Please make some very educated choices.

Oct 4, 2018
It's a mess. All the way around. In the last year the 4 teams my two DD's have been on have all had outbreaks. Fortunately parents communicated and quarantined immediately, teams paused activities, and it didn't spread much across the team.

One coach wasn't all that serious about Covid at first, until he got it. Then the team started being safer (about half of us already were).

It's all just a big mess. Glad it seems to be going down.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
There are some crimes against humanity charges being filed in the world for this mess we are in. Please make some very educated choices.

I'm not getting into the logistics of the whole mask-wearing thing. I wear mine where I have to like to classes, practices, the doctors, and a few other places. I'd rather not wear a mask if I don't need to. My state allows everyone 16+ to get vaccinated. I'm not sold on the safety of it. I'll get it when I have to.

Jul 5, 2016
If I were to be transported back in time, what I would miss most is modern medicine and toilet paper. If COVID-19 had crawled out from under its rock in 1900, the dying would be mind-boggling. We are so lucky that we have a scientific and medical community that allowed us to get ahead of this virus in record time.

I am happy that I was able to get the vaccine. Whatever the risks of the vaccine, the risks associated with COVID-19 are several orders of magnitude greater.

And when I wear my mask, I do it for the person I pass who has a compromised immune system, not for myself. Personally, while I am glad I never caught the virus, I think my odds of recovering would have been okay.

Nov 18, 2015
My dd was in a faculty meeting that had all of the chairs marked and distanced from each other at her faculty's last meeting before Christmas. A teacher came in late and sat in the chair next to my dd. She told him the chair was marked with an x and he was not supposed to sit there. He didn't move. Long story short, he called the Principal the next day and said he had covid. My dd has to quartine all of her Christmas break. We had to do Christmas on New Years Day with her. We all have our shots now.
I feel like this story is missing the usual CB happy ending - like, "the same teacher just happens to have a kid who's supposedly a real smart-rear, and will be trying out for one of my teams next season..." [insert maniacal laugh here] 👿

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee