Carbon Candy a rebadged CF8?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Your statement above assumes the production costs of the bat are the same. If the CC is $50 less to make it may be more profitable.

I have a hard time imagining the production cost of the CC is $50 less than the Zen...unless they were using over-stock of CFX barrels ;)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It doesn't matter...you still have to build the bat...production will cost the same(R&D may be diff). If you go the opposite thinking, it makes it worse.

Point is, you just flopped with the CFX...you are bringing out the Zen which Im assuming cost more because you had to change something. You NEED
to sell that bat and bring the CF name back better than it was the year before. If you bring back the CF8 (sorta), that will not do well for Zen sales that
you just dumped how much money in to fix the CFX sales. Because honestly, you aren't stealing people from any other bat maker (for the most part)...people that like
Demars, like the way they feel. Same with LXT people and Easton people. So the only thing you are doing would be taking sales away from the Zen.

Now, the other thing to think of...is the whole "same but diff comment" from someone here...lets see...complete diff composite construction, but the same as a CF8 :)

Again, just having fun talking about the business in general...like Eric said, we are all just BS'ing here with each other. No facts or anything.

Or, one more thing...maybe Wilson could care less if dealers don't sell as many Zens because they are selling some CC's. They are getting money for
both bats from retailers. Because now, dealers are ordering another bat from them on top of the Zen. We know Wilson likes their money.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2013
Anyone have real life experience with the CC, thinking about getting this for my daughter for her "USSSA" bat. Here in FL we play a lot of USSSA

Aug 7, 2019
Any reviews on the Carbon Candy? The price is right for sure. $100 cheaper than a 2019 Zen. All reviews I’ve read online say it’s great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802