Captain Jack

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
With very little going on we got some good news today. For DD's Senior year she will be the team Captain. Congratulations Captain Jackie. The team will be back competing this fall with a new laser leveled field, new fence and scoreboard. I guess winning back to back National titles loosened up the purse strings at USNA.

Attachments

• CaptJ.JPG
    CaptJ.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 11
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Super cool!
It is cool while at the same time a little disappointing to have the season cancelled. They were undefeated in the fall and stood a good chance of heading back to the NCSA Championship which could of made three in a row. It's too bad for the Seniors on her team and every team that lost this year. I know the NCAA is giving an extra year of eligibility but how many will really go back for an extra year to play the game. Especially if you have a job to go to.

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
OMG, so awesome. I have such a deep respect for the service academies, kudo's to your kid for being named captain next year and congrats on her going to the Naval Academy.

For some reason, I had no idea that Navy had a softball program. DD wants to go to West Point, but she wants to be a rescue swimmer (have to love the limitless goals that an almost 14yo can have). Maybe Navy would be a better fit!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
OMG, so awesome. I have such a deep respect for the service academies, kudo's to your kid for being named captain next year and congrats on her going to the Naval Academy.

For some reason, I had no idea that Navy had a softball program. DD wants to go to West Point, but she wants to be a rescue swimmer (have to love the limitless goals that an almost 14yo can have). Maybe Navy would be a better fit!

It's not to early to set a goal for an SA. While the Navy has some rescue swimmers the Coast Guard has more and they have a very nice Academy with D3 softball.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101