Capitol M series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
thinking of a glove for emma......she's on year 3 with her vinci, but with 5 more years on the horizon at this point, never can have too many gloves ;)

anyone have any input on the marucci capitol M vs the magnolia series?

this looks pretty slick though.....

1635346589310.png1635346589310.png

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Tim, I'm really no help here, never personally handled a Capitol or Magnolia before. I did however handle and play with a 11.5" Cypress I-web retail glove a couple weeks ago for a few minutes, fantastic built glove! I'd imagine a custom Capitol would be even nicer than that Cypress!

Their Mesa Tan color is beautiful, similar to Wilson's Orange-Tan. I'd personally go with the Capitol baseball glove just to defy engineering logic! ;) But that's just me! I really do wish Marucci had an option for split welting on their builder!

May 20, 2015
2b - she has had both I & H on her Vinci's so far, says she likes the I better, although can't really say why haha

she hated that color, of course

assuming it's a kip vs steer difference between the two, mostly

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ve really got to like the I-web a lot lately!

Capitol = Pro Preferred and the A2K.
Cypress = Heart of the Hide and the A2000.

Best way I know to describe them.

She hated the Mesa color? Kids!!

May 20, 2015
her little sister is breaking in an all camel magnolia (retail glove) and an all camel all-star catchers mitt, so there is some slim hope

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The I-web is the perfect 2B web, but something to remember, if she ever gets moved to SS or 3B, it’ll play shallow, but it may not be a problem for her?

An I-web will play flatter and shallower than a H-web in the same exact glove, the H-web also plays great at 2B. The H-web is the do all versatile web in softball, something to think about.

May 20, 2015
The I-web is the perfect 2B web, but something to remember, if she ever gets moved to SS or 3B, it’ll play shallow, but it may not be a problem for her?

An I-web will play flatter and shallower than a H-web in the same exact glove, the H-web also plays great at 2B. The H-web is the do all versatile web in softball, something to think about.

she's played some SS and even OF with the current I and doesn't seem to have an issue

and is having to buy another glove down the road the worst thing? her current Vinci is on year 3, and aside from a re-lace, is actually in pretty good shape.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802