Can you feel the stretch/tension?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Sorry Julray for derailing the thread into protective fat layers, :D
I know all about fat, in my case I carry the protective fat layers so I don’t burn off all the muscle during my morning bike ride. Fat layers protect in many ways

Aug 20, 2017
So if I go through the process of a swing step by step and freeze at each interval... when I get to heel plant I can feel tension/stretch throughout my core. My DD does the same thing and she cannot.. This puzzles me. I can manipulate her form however I want and she feels nothing..lol. I ask her to over bake it, load the scap more, open the hips more.. and nothing. Is this because I'm a old man and shes a young teenager who's much more limber :)? Or maybe there's something messed up that I cannot identify

FYI, I can see the ripples on her jersey across her midsection at heel plant... looks to me the she is creating stretch.
Your DD is pretty flexible I’m assuming? Some young players have can pinch their scap all the way to the spine with ease. Have her pinch her scap in her stance and begin to rotate lower body while maintaining her scap load. Her obliques will be stretched to the max. Hope that helps

May 12, 2016
Your DD is pretty flexible I’m assuming? Some young players have can pinch their scap all the way to the spine with ease. Have her pinch her scap in her stance and begin to rotate lower body while maintaining her scap load. Her obliques will be stretched to the max. Hope that helps
Yep she's flexible without even working on it. I had her do what you are saying to an extent.. but we will continue to rotate the lower half with the scap loaded until she looks in a ridiculous position to feel what I am talking about

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45