Can remember pitches intentionally thrown at...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I’d almost take that a step further. If it hits a piece of protective equipment no base.

I’m pretty sure the year Florida took all the HBP a large percentage was on the elbow guard. I’ve even seen some lean into it and take the elbow guard to the ball.

Don’t let a piece of hard plastic be the only reason your willing to crowd the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
😏 the elbow guard should get the stats for HBP on base %.

Can that be added to gamechanger?! Lol
HBPT= tushie
HBPE= elbow guard
HBPL= leaned in

Mar 28, 2014
I think it's weak as hell. What skill does it take to get HBP? Such an easy way out. I think it's even weaker to list the number of HBP's in the very first sentence of your bio like Merrit does. Lol.................

Career Highlights:
  • Led 1 single season list: 35 hit by pitches….

RBI's? Doubles? HR's? Nope. Led the team in HBP's. Wow, what an accomplishment. Took years of lessons to accomplish that didn't it.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
IMO, I think they should bring back the rule "Must make an attempt to move out of the way". Too many girls are taught today not to move when the ball is coming at them. My DD is a pitcher and gets hit from time to time and she doesn't want to get hit by the ball. A couple times she was hit because she hit a batter with a pitch. Can't prove it but can pretty much tell when that happens. Who hasn't seen a pitcher have control problems every now and then?

radness

Dec 13, 2019
IMO, I think they should bring back the rule "Must make an attempt to move out of the way". Too many girls are taught today not to move when the ball is coming at them. My DD is a pitcher and gets hit from time to time and she doesn't want to get hit by the ball. A couple times she was hit because she hit a batter with a pitch. Can't prove it but can pretty much tell when that happens. Who hasn't seen a pitcher have control problems every now and then?
When must move rule was in place,
it REALLY made a statement when the better wouldnt move!

Feb 20, 2020
I think they should have try to move. As much as I love my Gators, I hate that Walton teaches that.

I also don’t think getting hit on the cleat should be a base. Or a ball that’s already hit dirt. The rules to reward a potential injury, not a cheap walk.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I think they should have try to move. As much as I love my Gators, I hate that Walton teaches that.

I also don’t think getting hit on the cleat should be a base. Or a ball that’s already hit dirt. The rules to reward a potential injury, not a cheap walk.
Have spoken with other college athletes and athletes on their way to college.
Not one thinks its a talent to get on base that way.
None are impressed.
including me...

RULES CHANGE wonder when or WHY this rule will change?
INJURY?
Or
Because intentionally pegging the batter will be acceptable again,...
Ya kno cuz da batter is leaning in anyway with an evo shield suit of armor?
Hmmm heres a strategy...
if your the home run hitter, lets peg you and even out the rule?
Oh wait? is that petty too?!
Screenshot_2020-10-15-07-18-15-1.png

...yep...log on the fire... :)

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020
DD1 used to take pride in getting HBP when she played baseball. She thought it made her look tough (which it did), but it took away her bat and her ability to advance runners. In softball she just looks to hit the ball.

Last night DD2 got on base with a HBP that brushed her shoulder. We were up something like 18-3 at the time (scrimmage so no run rule) and she didn't make any move to get out of the way. Told her that she should make every effort to hit the ball, not to get hit by the ball in that situation. She's not confident in her hitting right now and she took the easy way out.

I don't like the elbow guard. If you're hanging all over the plate there needs to be a consequence for getting hit. If the ball is coming at your elbow, pull back and protect.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I’d almost take that a step further. If it hits a piece of protective equipment no base.

I’m pretty sure the year Florida took all the HBP a large percentage was on the elbow guard. I’ve even seen some lean into it and take the elbow guard to the ball.

Don’t let a piece of hard plastic be the only reason your willing to crowd the plate.

So, if a player gets hit on the helmet, no base according to you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598