Can remember pitches intentionally thrown at...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
actually, heard somewhere a coach trying to teach this (without having girls stand in to take one from machine), tellling hitters to protect your bat. you turn towards umpire, bring bat down, and elbows in, almost like you are protecting the bat. had added bonus of keeping ball from hitting bat held up higher than head and shoulder for a cheap foul ball strike (or worse yet, in play).

Apr 28, 2014
DD waa second year 12U playing a "Proud" team from NJ. The head of their large org was running this team, I assume since his DD was on the team. Two weeks prior we were rained out at the fields we were planning to play in PA and last minute traveled to NJ to play in this teams own tournament. DD probably pitched the best game of her life at that point and knocked them, the host team, out of the tournament. They were not happy..
Back to the moment 2 weeks later DD was up to bat for the first time facing the same team. Pitcher beams her right in the head. DD hit the ground and started to tear up. Her coach runs over and helps her up. Other teams coach screamed "she leaned into it".
Needless to say at the handshake there were words and coaches got close to fists.. I have the game on my YouTube channel. Watch it every one in a while :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
DD waa second year 12U playing a "Proud" team from NJ. The head of their large org was running this team, I assume since his DD was on the team. Two weeks prior we were rained out at the fields we were planning to play in PA and last minute traveled to NJ to play in this teams own tournament. DD probably pitched the best game of her life at that point and knocked them, the host team, out of the tournament. They were not happy..
Back to the moment 2 weeks later DD was up to bat for the first time facing the same team. Pitcher beams her right in the head. DD hit the ground and started to tear up. Her coach runs over and helps her up. Other teams coach screamed "she leaned into it".
Needless to say at the handshake there were words and coaches got close to fists.. I have the game on my YouTube channel. Watch it every one in a while :)
:) can we get the video with the story?!
This sounds like a discussion...

Hope she bounced back quickly!

Jun 8, 2016
No..I remember like 4 or 5 ABs from my whole career and none of them involved me getting buzzed...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee