Can college players or high school pitchers pitch for money?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
I'n trying to get DD some live hitting experience. She's a pitcher and she's really the only one her team has, so she doesn't get any swings at practice and only a dozen or so at bats in a weekend. Can I pay pitchers who play at college or in high school to pitch to her? I don't want to mess up anyone's eligibility, but she'd like to be a better hitter and machines and tees can only help so much.

Feb 1, 2021
Yes. We pay both to pitch to our DD.

Be aware, its expensive, and most pitchers won't pitch without a catcher, which you also have to pay for.

It has been worth it though. Highly recommended if you can find someone.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
I'n trying to get DD some live hitting experience. She's a pitcher and she's really the only one her team has, so she doesn't get any swings at practice and only a dozen or so at bats in a weekend. Can I pay pitchers who play at college or in high school to pitch to her? I don't want to mess up anyone's eligibility, but she'd like to be a better hitter and machines and tees can only help so much.

So she doesn't get any hitting reps in any practice because the coach is ONLY pitching her for live pitching? How old is she (not that it matters)? Does she also pitch every game of every tournament? I would be having a talk with the coach. I find it hard to believe that no other girl can throw live pitching. Your daughter shouldn't be throwing every pitch of live pitching either.

Feb 20, 2020
Yeah, and she uses the Occulus to see pitches, but she still doesn't get many live pitches thrown at her. So we'll see if this helps. Don't know that it will but she's going to be a senior this fall, and I'd like her to have her best chance at making the team. I figure if she can hit, even the coach that dislikes her and us will have a hard time not giving her at least a spot on the bench.

Feb 20, 2020
So she doesn't get any hitting reps in any practice because the coach is ONLY pitching her for live pitching? How old is she (not that it matters)? Does she also pitch every game of every tournament? I would be having a talk with the coach. I find it hard to believe that no other girl can throw live pitching. Your daughter shouldn't be throwing every pitch of live pitching either.

Our team is falling apart. The other pitcher we have is on the verge of quitting -- so are we -- but she's missed two practices in the last two weeks when hitting was scheduled. The two of them split during tourneys, and our coach is trying hard to line up guest pitching in case the other pitcher does quit. It's a crappy situation, but DD doesn't want to let the whole team down because if she leaves the team is done. I'm less generous, but it's her summer, not mine, so I'm trying to help her out all I can.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
a dozen or so at bats in a weekend.

Wow, 12 at bats a weekend is HUGE. I don't think my DD has ever had 12 at bats a weekend. To me, 12 seems more than enough???

Reach out to the HS and college. Heck, I'm sure some local pitching coaches could hook you up. Pretty common from what I've seen

Mar 28, 2014
Yes. We pay both to pitch to our DD.

Be aware, its expensive, and most pitchers won't pitch without a catcher, which you also have to pay for.

It has been worth it though. Highly recommended if you can find someone.
what does it cost you for each?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12