Camwood Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Cool! I’ll certainly be following!

We didn’t really follow a certain routine- on a good week, schedule permitting we hit every other day. We had a set of tee work we always did and then I’d work in one specialty bat. For the whipstick we hit baseballs, started on the tee and hit 12-14. Especially with Whipstick, I put the balls on the tee with the railroad tracks up and down and encourage her to hit the inside seam. I’m kind of casual about that, because it’s hard! I just don’t let them forget... then I’d sit behind a screen and do easy/flat flips. I’d try to get far enough back away from her that she had time to track it and the ball had flattened out nice when it got to her. You don’t want them hurrying load to catch up.

Especially with the Whipstick there will be good days and bad days on front toss. It looks to be fairly challenging. On a day when she was really feeling it, we’d do more. I have a big square bucket of all the baseballs I’ve picked up at fields over the years. We could do as many as 20-30. If she wasn’t feeling it and ripping balls, I’d end it sooner. I think like anything else the Whipstick could be overdone. I like to have her hit front toss softballs with her regular bat after a break. She will likely be hitting the ball hard and if so, make sure you notice it, lol

We tried the half bat on a tee and didn’t care for that. I usually just front toss Jugs foamies or sometimes tennis balls. I usually do states front toss for this too, when I pitch those the movement can be a bit extreme. We have a field with 180’ fences, on a non windy day, it is FUN for them to hit the foam baseballs and see how far they go. Never tried the softballs.

Hope you get what you want out of these bats. It will be fun to see what happens.

Feb 3, 2016

Just found this tonight!
Options.

Cricket bat while slightly different is around $30-50 for the cheap variety.
Could cut down to any width you want. 2.250"-2.375" single flat side.
Range in length from 25" to 38"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802