Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
what do you mean by 'hips too flat'?
He's talking about her set up. She's still too tall and would prefer a slight lean forward, chest over the plate. She finally is getting some tilt into the ball but could improve set up.

Oct 2, 2017
He's talking about her set up. She's still too tall and would prefer a slight lean forward, chest over the plate. She finally is getting some tilt into the ball but could improve set up.
Imo you can preset that or you go into it. Like Bellinger or Verdugo. What ever way works best for the player.

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks, so sorry to be dense. which one is the correct hitting posture? Maybe a photo of a hitter in the right position with lines? I ask because i am trying to have my DD work on something like this, just not sure it is right. thanks.
The easiest way to show this to a player imo, is simply get in front of a mirror in a side view. No bat required. Stand straight up feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Now just bend the knees while remaining upright in the upper body. You will see the shin angle change. Next Lean over bending at the waist (Keep the back straight, no hunching) until the upper body matches the angle of the shins. You will notice and feel the pelvis automatically tilt to the proper angle. You should feel the butt go back and the weight being more in the the heels.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28