Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
What’s your opinion? Cam broke in half her 29/18 Ghost bat which she was using for practice. Her game bat is a 29/18 advanced which weighs about 19.5 ounces. We have two choices in house for a new practice bat. An Anderson Rockettech Carbonlite 29/18 that weighs just over 18 or a Ghost 30/20. Should we go heavier and longer or same length but lighter?

Nov 26, 2020
Just curious, Is that what she has been doing with her hitting instructor?
It's not - he mostly works on the lower half and staying strong palm up palm down through contact. Cameron has always struggled with posture, staying upright, and lunging slightly. So this was a verbal cue to keep the head behind the barrel.

Oct 2, 2017
It's not - he mostly works on the lower half and staying strong palm up palm down through contact. Cameron has always struggled with posture, staying upright, and lunging slightly. So this was a verbal cue to keep the head behind the barrel.

What is he doing for the lower half?

Oct 2, 2017
He wants her to peel of her back foot instead of lifting it so far forward. He wants her 90 degrees. I was initially hesitant but I'm on board. She's not doing it in this video - it's still fairly new.
I would just be careful if trying to force the head to stay behind and go rearward. It should happen as a result. Jmo.

Aug 20, 2017
She loses her coil pretty early during her stride. Her hips get skinny during load but get stretched early. Try to keep them skinny (tight) longer. Should help balance the move out some and hold the coil longer. Just my observation. This could be a direct result of the tee being placed too far out front

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood