Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
First lesson on Friday he just worked on her staying centered and swinging hard. He put a bat on the ground and said not to have her belly button stray too far over the middle. We played a tournament this past weekend which the girls won. Cameron hit the ball hard on Saturday and almost exclusively pulled it. On Sunday she was more back to hitting to the right side and weaker contact. She ended up 11-19 with 8 RBI's, 6 runs, 0 BB, 0 SO. Stats were better than reality.

My daughter could benefit from the belly button not straying drill. Where was the bat placed in this drill? I've gotta try it!

Nov 26, 2020
My daughter could benefit from the belly button not straying drill. Where was the bat placed in this drill? I've gotta try it!
You would place it where her belly button is when her front foot lands. My daughter still goes over but just the effort of staying back is to try to stop her from lunging. His cue with this initially was "stay centered" but he changed it to "stay behind the ball" because she was never centered with the bat.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
You would place it where her belly button is when her front foot lands. My daughter still goes over but just the effort of staying back is to try to stop her from lunging. His cue with this initially was "stay centered" but he changed it to "stay behind the ball" because she was never centered with the bat.
Is that bat lying on the ground in front of the plate? Is it in the batter's box so she doesn't step over it? Just trying to visualize...thanks!

Nov 26, 2020
Is that bat lying on the ground in front of the plate? Is it in the batter's box so she doesn't step over it? Just trying to visualize...thanks!
For Cameron it's laying across the bat towards the front of the plate be
About where the black mark is across the plate but not getting in the way of her feet

Attachments

• FE8D82AE-82E1-4B67-9EEF-9F5C6BD99381.jpeg
    FE8D82AE-82E1-4B67-9EEF-9F5C6BD99381.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Nov 26, 2020
It’s been a while. Anybody want to comment on her latest swings? Thanks! Her team has started playing 12U a couple of months early with mixed success. Although we did win our latest tournament. Cameron is still consistently putting the ball in play and has gotten hits in some big spots. She has yet to hit any bombs since we started 12U but we’re working on getting stronger.

Nov 26, 2020
It’s been a while. Anybody want to comment on her latest swings? Thanks! Her team has started playing 12U a couple of months early with mixed success. Although we did win our latest tournament. Cameron is still consistently putting the ball in play and has gotten hits in some big spots. She has yet to hit any bombs since we started 12U but we’re working on getting stronger.

We are mostly working on not arm barring, unsuccesfully, and holding the coil while she lands.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You can be successful with a arm barr.

I think what makes the arm barr worse, has to do with her back foot skipping forward and getting on her front leg. Personally I don’t like to see the back foot move off a tee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45