Camera suggestion for recording games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Hey which camera do you have and do you just have ur own youtube channel to make it live. Also do you use a 128 sd card or what size?

Hi,
I use a Yi Camera and a 128 SD card. Any "Sports camera" on Amazon will work fine.
Here is my Youtube channel (below).
You can use Youtube, Periscope or Facebook to go live.

Feb 22, 2020
Awesome thank you so much. My daughter is on a 10u travel ball team and I really want to record her games and also be allowed to have my family watch it. Do you upload it to youtube or do you do live video?

Apr 28, 2014
Awesome thank you so much. My daughter is on a 10u travel ball team and I really want to record her games and also be allowed to have my family watch it. Do you upload it to youtube or do you do live video?
I mainly upload to YouTube after the game.
Recently I have been setting up my phone (Samsung Note 9) and streaming on Facebook Live for some of the families that cant make it to the games.
I highly recommend recording games. You will be surprised at how quickly time flies by and you will wish you had those memories.

Feb 22, 2020
I mainly upload to YouTube after the game.
Recently I have been setting up my phone (Samsung Note 9) and streaming on Facebook Live for some of the families that cant make it to the games.
I highly recommend recording games. You will be surprised at how quickly time flies by and you will wish you had those memories.

Awesome thank you very much this is really helpful.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Awesome thank you very much this is really helpful.
One last thing I would recommend is that unless you have very good internet, uploading full games to YouTube can prove to be a frustrating process. We usually keep a spare 1TB external USB hard drive that we copy all of the game video to. We have the parents pass the drive around and return before the next games. If we don't get the drive back, we don't share more video. It tends to police itself.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I can only give my opinion on what we have been using for 400+ games. Lynx Spyder is an outstanding product!! Highly recommended.
We use a cheap $30-$35 sport camera on Amazon. Just Search "Sports Camera". There is very little if any difference between these knock offs and the GO Pro.
I have a Hero first series but wouldn't leave it out in the rain and snow we play in :)

Here is a sample

Not bad for a $30 camera :)

Here is a game that has night view go to about 45:00s

Which teams am I cheering for ? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802