Calling location and pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Throwing inside can be mentally difficult, not physically. This is why I explain to my girls that the strike-zone is not 17" wide but 17" plus two ball widths. Then I take the plates away most of the time. They throw to the catchers, and catcher's gloves. The batter does not exist. It is just catch with the catcher's glove.

Mechanically the low inside strike is harder to hit than an outside pitch if the batter has a solid skill set. Delay is all you need on the outside corner and hit the ball deeper. Mechanical adjustment is required on the inside corner. And batter's "over-grip" makes it even harder to get the bat-head there.

Now a second point. Why do pitchers ever throw a pitch away on the corner to a slapper that isn't a changeup? The same principle applies, but if the footwork is correct, imagine how she can get the bat-head down on the inside corner!
Yes! Can we please throw inside to lefties! Drop is fantastic to throw inside low at lefties/slap'bunters.
Can also tangle there footwork trying to get to it.
Hard to bunt also. The bunt can (generally) stay right in front of catcher, if the bat can get to it.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Now a second point. Why do pitchers ever throw a pitch away on the corner to a slapper that isn't a changeup? The same principle applies, but if the footwork is correct, try to imagine how she can get the bat-head down on the inside corner!

I should have said why ever throw outside corner to a slapper unless she is pulling off the plate toward 1B.

Apr 20, 2015
I should have said why ever throw outside corner to a slapper unless she is pulling off the plate toward 1B.
This is why...we get so many slappers swinging through because this is exactly what they do. Otherwise agreed...inside

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478