Called 3rd on a bounced pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
So was at the dd's gane last night and we had runners on 2nd and 3rd. 1 out. Full count. The pitch bounced on home plate. Ump called it strike 3. Our batter couldn't believe what had just happened. All the parents let the ump know how they felt. I was just shocked now bad of a call it was. So this leaves me with a question. What is the strike zone for a 12u USSSA? Thanks in advance.

Jun 8, 2016
So was at the dd's gane last night and we had runners on 2nd and 3rd. 1 out. Full count. The pitch bounced on home plate. Ump called it strike 3. Our batter couldn't believe what had just happened. All the parents let the ump know how they felt. I was just shocked now bad of a call it was. So this leaves me with a question. What is the strike zone for a 12u USSSA? Thanks in advance.
Well if the ball was coming straight down in theory that could be a strike I guess (does it have to actually cross home plate in order for it to be a strike??) :LOL: That said my guess, and I know I am way out in LF on this one, is that umpire just made a bad call...

Sep 19, 2018
What was the score? How ....good (or bad) was the pitcher? That happened to me in high school. I was pissed. I don't remember the exact score but it was something like 467 to 0. The pitcher could not have hit water if he fell out of a boat. At the time I thought the ump just wanted to go home. As an adult, I wonder if he was just felt bad for the other team / pitcher.

Jun 7, 2020
The batter was basically in shock. She was tagged by the catcher pretty quick. The game was close. It was 2 to 1 us. We ended up winning the game 6 to 3. The pitcher was decent. Not too fast but had been pitching well. I'm just glad we won the game.

May 20, 2016
I've seen flip changes bounce on the plate and be called a strike. It really depends on the pitch. A fastball bouncing off the plate is a ball but a change can go either way. Utrip has the same strike zone as everyone else. But all umpires zones will vary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802