Bustos clinic in Springfield, MO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
I understand that there was a Bustos/Carrier clinic in Springfield, MO this past weekend and several DFP.com members were in attendance. How did it go? Any observations or anything you want to share?

Jan 7, 2009
It was a very good clinic. I had 6 of my girls from my competitive team and each of them left with great information. They took alot of swings with Crystal and Howard observing and correcting. All of the parents said they would bring their daughters back next year. I personally teach my daughters and players on my team the info that Howard has posted on this website. Imo the drills he has shared with us really work. My oldest daughter went from an average hitter to the best hitter on the team by doing Howard's drills. I want to thank Howard for sharing all of his knowledge.

Dec 3, 2009
Kansas City area
Bustos/Carrier Clinic

Yes, took most of team (8-9 yr olds) there. learned alot, I too have learned alot from Howard's post but going there made it much more clear. I took away the importance of grip, pulling the knob through the zone to help maintain the box, face the fire, and how to use some of his accessories to help girls feel it. I saw the light bulb go off with a few of our girls, however some of our girls were tired (the ones that stayed at a waterpark/hotel the night before). But we all took away some good knowledge, especially us coaches and will definitely go again. He was also able to show and let them observe and feel why on everything he taught!Once again Thank You Howard!

May 11, 2009
Great Clinic!! I took my two DD's and one other player and coach. We drove 6 & 1/2 hours to get there and it was worth every bit of it!!
There were a lot of eyes opened up to beliefs and changes in beliefs. The thing I found interesting is the way that Howard and Crystl teach. They put it in terms that all the kids and us as coaches can understand then they show it!! That is the key in my opinion they can show it. Most cannot or will not do that. They will take what has worked for them, break it down, explain it to you, make you do it, then help you do it better. It is awesome!! The proof is right there in front of you at every turn. The differences in a woman's body to a man's is a key that they touch on and show how to make needed adjustments so the women can be the best they can be. For me that was some of the best notes I took.
The drills work, the philosophy works, and the work ethics they teach works. It is all good for girls of all ages. I hope more people take advantage of attending Howard and Crystl's clinic's going forward they are worth it to say the least!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802