Bullpen Dimensions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What is the purpose of the fence between the catchers other that to provide an opportunity for a ricochet to the side of the head? It should either be removed or extended. Other than that fence section it looks very nice.
After I asked what you mean.......I knew you were going to say that divider! The fence company took it upon themselves to do that, me and the HC were both at work when that happened.

They sent out a big crew to do that bullpen and our tee stations the same day.

Luckily (fingers crossed) it hasn’t been an issue and there’s been a LOT of pitching and catching there!

May 6, 2015
After I asked what you mean.......I knew you were going to say that divider! The fence company took it upon themselves to do that, me and the HC were both at work when that happened.

They sent out a big crew to do that bullpen and our tee stations the same day.

Luckily (fingers crossed) it hasn’t been an issue and there’s been a LOT of pitching and catching there!

I think the divider was probably meant to protect each catcher from a deflection off the others gear (shin guards, helmet)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think the divider was probably meant to protect each catcher from a deflection off the others gear (shin guards, helmet)
Yeah it works but riseball has a great point! The first time I saw it after the fencing was put up I said the same thing about a ricochet. The HC said I’ll fix that........”catchers, wear your helmets in the bullpen!” There, done!

May 6, 2015
Yeah it works but riseball has a great point! The first time I saw it after the fencing was put up I said the same thing about a ricochet. The HC said I’ll fix that........”catchers, wear your helmets in the bullpen!” There, done!
I wont let DD catch full warmps beyond 15 feet at the start without her helmet. good idea no matter the environment. all it takes is one golden BB to do some really nasty damage. protect the noggin.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Awesome! Yes, if you could check the
Dimensions for me that would be great, thank you!
Went by there yesterday, all of these dimensions are to the very outside edge of the wood.

Overall width:
184" wide or 15'4".

Catchers stalls:
92" wide each or 7'6" wide each. And looking at it again, @riseball does have a great point, if I had my choice to do it again, I'd probably remove the divider fencing between the catchers, or make it minimum 10' long! But luckily it hasn't been a problem.

Overall length"
665" long or just over 55' long, it's a big area!

Feb 8, 2019
Went by there yesterday, all of these dimensions are to the very outside edge of the wood.

Overall width:
184" wide or 15'4".

Catchers stalls:
92" wide each or 7'6" wide each. And looking at it again, @riseball does have a great point, if I had my choice to do it again, I'd probably remove the divider fencing between the catchers, or make it minimum 10' long! But luckily it hasn't been a problem.

Overall length"
665" long or just over 55' long, it's a big area!
Thank You!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802