Brush interference question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
My DD is on the smaller side, not height wise but width wise lol. I’ve noticed the bigger pitchers have better BI, is this normal? Parents of the skinnier pitchers how’s your daughters BI? Is it something you had to work hard on?

Jul 16, 2019
When DD's pitching coach asked her to have more brush, at first, I actually told the coach that DD was skinny, not much hip to brush on. But the coach wouldn't give in. DD insisted that she brushed but the coach said she didn't. I got so annoyed and started to record her from back and to prove to her that she missed the brush. And I told her that if she wanted to stay with the same coach, she had to do what they wanted. Or we had to change coach. Definitely not nature for skinny girls to make the brush obvious.

Feb 24, 2021
I'm glad i read this, my DD is having the same issue and i thought it was just her. She is tall and thin, all legs, 1st year 12U. I'm going to have to take a closer look at it now!

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
You could try a neoprene wrap on the elbow/forearm area to 'thicken' it a little, as long as it doesn't impede her ability to keep her elbow/arm flexed.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What are the hips angle at release? You open up into the throwing position and the hip angle creates a stretch as the shoulders are open.

Another big element is posture along with brushless.

If your not getting brush there more then likely a sequence issue between the pelvis and shoulders.

Do you have any video?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802