Brush Interference GIFs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thank you. She's my pitching student.

Awe, you are the one that posted that pitching video.

I recall commenting that it looked like she was avoiding brushing, and you followed up stating that she had been working on brushing. Thought it was a good example of someone that was instructed to brush, yet continued to avoid brushing.

That's sort of why I like Mike White's no-bones-about-it approach ... elbow-to-hip was his instruction.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I recall commenting that it looked like she was avoiding brushing, and you followed up stating that she had been working on brushing. Thought it was a good example of someone that was instructed to brush, yet continued to avoid brushing.

M didn't avoid brush interference forever.... http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/24504-kj-working-riseball.html#post334578

...she simply learned arm-whip before she learned brush interference.

All good. At the time your video was a good example of a developing pitcher doing everything they could to avoid brush. The fact that the particular instruction was to encourage brush just makes it more interesting. Many pitchers resist ... almost as if they truly believe it is wrong.

Have had similar pitchers. In their head they believe it is wrong.

So I go a step further and ask for pure contact to be made. And while I'm more specific, I've come to believe that not everyone's definition of 'brush' means what we see below ... especially for a newbie.

2cp9ml2.gif

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
One the most amazing/extreme examples of brush I've seen was from a clip of Megan Langenfeld throwing BP. I'd love to see a gif showing her motion.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Anyone notice Cat's dorsiflexed wrist in this GIF? Thoughts?

I wonder if it's just a product of going into her drop with a very loose lower arm and wrist. Look at how rubberlike her fingers seem after release:
Gumby.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802