Brush Inteference

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
How do you add video to show her technique. It only allows pics from camera roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
When she comes through and brushes her elbow is slamming into her hip.

Any suggestions. ????

Posture could be a concern as well as the possibility of a straight arm through release. When all is well, the elbow will ideally makes contact behind the hip bone and the forearm will wrap/roll/brush in the soft area above the thigh through release. In most cases, with a minor correction made in form, a pitcher with significant bruising on the hip and elbow can throw immediately without discomfort. If there is any pain at all, stop until the issue is identified and the correction put into place. Pitching through pain can lead to difficult corrections. Do you have any video you feel comfortable sharing?

Nov 8, 2018
Posture could be a concern as well as the possibility of a straight arm through release. When all is well, the elbow will ideally makes contact behind the hip bone and the forearm will wrap/roll/brush in the soft area above the thigh through release. In most cases, with a minor correction made in form, a pitcher with significant bruising on the hip and elbow can throw immediately without discomfort. If there is any pain at all, stop until the issue is identified and the correction put into place. Pitching through pain can lead to difficult corrections. Do you have any video you feel comfortable sharing?

I do but the link tab won’t allow me to post video from my camera roll. Not sure why.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
If you have a YouTube account, upload it there then post a link here. I think you can do something similar with Google. I wish it was possible to load it directly, but using a third party hosting service like YouTube saves the site space.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
My daughter has made the transition to I/R. She has finally found brush contact. And wow what a difference when she does it correctly. However, she also is finding contact with her hip. Ouch.
She has a short torso and long arms and her elbow is at the same level as her hip. When she comes through and brushes her elbow is slamming into her hip.

Any suggestions. ????

Hopefully you can get the video to post, or a link to the video via youtube. Couple of thoughts come to mind, relaxed arm, don't over stress the bend. If the arm is relaxed and your leading with pinky or palm up, there should be enough bend in the arm. Try and not let the ball, hand, get directly over the head and behind the body, keeping the ball out over the shoulder may help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478