Bruised Forearm

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Bruised Forearm on the top hand from the knob. What does that tell you? She chokes up a little

May 5, 2019
Bruised Forearm on the top hand from the knob. What does that tell you? She chokes up a little
Sounds to me may be some extreme wrist roll, focus more on palm up and palm down at contact. See if the contact of the knob occurs during low and away tee drills, if not that may be your answer. I am going to go out on a limb and say she may be a dead pull hitter, which means she may be wrapping around the ball versus staying inside. Hard to really say thought without seeing the swing...

Jan 28, 2017
That’s what’s weird we worked low and away without rolling over. 3 quarter swings. Then I pitched to her and didn’t notice it but obviously bruised and no video. Wasn’t doing it until working on not rolling

May 5, 2019
That’s what’s weird we worked low and away without rolling over. 3 quarter swings. Then I pitched to her and didn’t notice it but obviously bruised and no video. Wasn’t doing it until working on not rolling
Well when you get a chance post a vid and that will help. I'm sitting here holding an air bat trying to simulate an action that would do it, haha, only other thing I feel is maybe a down ward wrist breaking action like when you cast a fishing pole! Finally, may just be choked up way too much, decrease that or buy a shorter bat!

Jan 28, 2017
Well when you get a chance post a vid and that will help. I'm sitting here holding an air bat trying to simulate an action that would do it, haha, only other thing I feel is maybe a down ward wrist breaking action like when you cast a fishing pole! Finally, may just be choked up way too much, decrease that or buy a shorter bat!

I can't even do it. Only choked up a half inch. I will try to video but flooding today.

Nov 8, 2018
Is it possible it has nothing to do with her swing. ? Maybe she banged it at some other time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
Getting full extension all the way to SS (RH) and then rolls over but her bottom hand stays palm down. I remember her doing the same thing years ago. Weird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee