Brooke 13u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
Hey, Benz. I see her a little bit leveling or looping as Rdbass says to get to that low pitch. Have her try to drop in her barrel more diagonally in slow motion (matching the angle of the "mouth" opening" in the Infinitee) while keeping her hands closer to her rear shoulder and see how that feels....something to work on. As I said, she a lot well, always something to work on : )

She should still have some rearward "tilt" to get behind and through that low pitch location (which she IS working a bit)....she's close....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I'd even go as far as saying 'upper cutting':
brooke%208-20.gif

Probably gets away with it because of how far in front the tee is placed.
Swing should drop the shoulder not drop the shoulder and swing.
Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'd even go as far as saying 'upper cutting':
brooke%208-20.gif

Probably gets away with it because of how far in front the tee is placed.
Swing should drop the shoulder not drop the shoulder and swing.
Cabrera_FB_highside_sync.gif
No she don't get away with it, no where near her normal swing, remember it's level. It was just her listening to dad trying to hit liners out of a low ball location. I agree the 1st swing in the grey looked better as far as turning the barrel. Didn't do anything to change her other than that was a 29/17 combat baseball bat and her mako weighs about 23 oz. But that makes sense swing to drop the shoulder not the other way around,Thanks

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
only other swing I have is off a tanner Tee, normally doesn't start with her front shoulder up so hi, try to have it slightly lower than the back,

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
only other swing I have is off a tanner Tee, normally doesn't start with her front shoulder up so hi, try to have it slightly lower than the back,

Rear shoulder already lower/upper cut swing. Upside down swing.

9uvpl5.gif

I also would look at the lower half. Again JMHO.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Avoid the 11 yr old movement pattern.. She will be vulnerable to anything above the knees... The core usage in her latest swings is much closer to the correct pattern. Focus on the core and let both legs support the movement.

The legs need to support not drive the movement pattern.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
From a simplistic view point, the rear leg has two simple things to do. The rear leg must get ‘ready’, and it must ‘go’.

The first thing the rear leg must do is get ready. That’s what is happening when you shift your weight into your rear leg ... or simply weight your rear leg. The timing and speed of this is the Holy Grail to hitting … you want to do this relatively “early & slow” and “timed with the pitcher”.

The second thing the rear leg (speaking of the top of the femur … muscles at the side of the leg … gluteus medius) needs to do is essentially press forward sideways (where we see the upper rear leg 'turn in') in what some may wish to consider as an unload … i.e., supply the “extra stretch” … “missing frames”.

Other than that … it’s pretty much a support system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12