Brooke 13u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
We don't use the Infini Tee enough, it's stored in the crawl space and is heavy so I rarely bring it out to the back yard. She does hit the Hi pitch much better than the lo Pitch so we will probably try to take more swings with the Infini tee this winter. I'm guessing the goal with the tee is to try to hit rising liners with it?? At least that's what I'm trying to have her hit.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Even with this tee:

SWB-INF-2T.jpg

I think the original hitter is still dropping and flattening on the low pitch, no?

brooke%208-20.gif

brooke2013.gif

Her hands at launch on the low pitch should be closer to her rear shoulder with a "diagonal" drop-in to contact, IMO

She does a better job with hand path and rearward barrel turn on the other swings...

I agree with the bold...the dad didn't ask for a comment on his DD's swing. So, I gave no opinion.
I was kind of pointing (wink...wink) out to the other poster what the infini-tee purpose was for.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
We don't use the Infini Tee enough, it's stored in the crawl space and is heavy so I rarely bring it out to the back yard. She does hit the Hi pitch much better than the lo Pitch so we will probably try to take more swings with the Infini tee this winter. I'm guessing the goal with the tee is to try to hit rising liners with it?? At least that's what I'm trying to have her hit.

From Donny's presentation ....

Why the Infini‐Tee
•Weight shift and application of the momentum after the stretch and fire mechanics are in place.
•The stage 2 tee to learn to take the “pitchers pitch” away.
•Teach low ball power mechanics and to practice the difficult pitch locations.
•Eliminate the standard batting tee that causes top hand roll over.

The Infini‐TEE ™‐The low ball diagonal plane tee.

307w4lc.jpg

The Infini‐TEE. The barrel is returning to plane and in this case the diagonal plane of the low ball location.

infinitee2.jpg

Driving the Low Ball on the Diagonal Swing Plane requires takingthe hinge angle forward ahead of the ball and hitting the inside seam.

infinitee2.jpg

--

Not Shifting Enough Weight
•Staying on the back side and spinning is a common swing flaw of youth batters taught “bug squish”mechanics early in the career.
•These hitters are out of balance to the back leg and are called “dead front foot hitters”and spinners.
•When you start the rotation with the weight over the back leg you reverse pivot and fall back before impact.
The INFINI‐TEE teaches the weight shift the right way.

---

Product Summary
•Anybody hitting poorly is likely to suffer from one or more of these three maladies.
•The tools for the cure are:
–The Hands Back Hitter‐rotary power.
–The StayBack Tee –proper weight shift for lungers.
The Infini‐TEE‐proper weight shift through better low ball mechanics.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
So that is still considered to level? Sorry for the Quality, cheap phone. That is the last frame it captures until after contact. Don't use the RVP often , never seen the bat that distorted before.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2014
Searched the internet high and low for one of these. Could not find one for sale anywhere. I will keep trying but if anybody knows someone with one of these sitting in their attic I would love to buy it from them.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
So that is still considered to level? Sorry for the Quality, cheap phone. That is the last frame it captures until after contact. Don't use the RVP often , never seen the bat that distorted before.

It's more of how your DD's starts her swing:
brooke%208-20.gif

(Can you slow this gif down?)
She drops her hands in a 'looping' arc. The picture you posted is on the upside of the 'loop'. That is where your DD is coming back up to the ball. I would move the tee closer.
So that is still considered to level?
This swing above is not the 'level' swing that posters were commenting on.
This swing is level to the ground:
brooke%208-8.gif

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
It's more of how your DD's starts her swing:
brooke%208-20.gif

(Can you slow this gif down?)
She drops her hands in a 'looping' arc. The picture you posted is on the upside of the 'loop'. That is where your DD is coming back up to the ball. I would move the tee closer.

This swing above is not the 'level' swing that posters were commenting on.
This swing is level to the ground:
brooke%208-8.gif
OK, yea i do want her start to be more sudden she always has a little float then go which will make it tough to catch up to better pitching. Agree on the tee to far out, moved it back some today....WORK in progress

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This is the swing you should get back to:
brooke2013.gif

Your DD turned the barrel just not towards the ball. Drops hand also but, she was young and new to the change in her swing. She just needed to 'turn the barrel towards the ball' on this tee swing. Add a coil and a corner and you might be close.
Totally different then this swing:
brooke%208-20.gif

This swing is drop shoulder and hands and swing up to the ball. Again JMHO.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2009
Hey, Benz. I see her a little bit leveling or looping as Rdbass says to get to that low pitch. Have her try to drop in her barrel more diagonally in slow motion (matching the angle of the "mouth" opening" in the Infinitee) while keeping her hands closer to her rear shoulder and see how that feels....something to work on. As I said, she a lot well, always something to work on : )

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom